Dear Sue
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Dear Sue

Dear Sue

Is Tracy ready to solo. I'm sorry for Tracy that you are leaving but, will be happy to see you again. Your not staying for Tracy's birthday? The grandkids are going to miss you!

Sure missed you on Fred's group ride. But, at the same time you would not have been able to ride the single track. It was ROUGH! Had some fun tempered by your absence. Got lost a few times on the way over. Lost sati light communications in the mountains and can't see to read a map anymore. The front right brake started smoking so had to stop and pour water on it. I was riding the breaks to much! Pulled twenty feet into camp and the rear right tire blew a hole and went flat, POW HISS!, I thought it was the propane tank, scared the heebee geebees out of me! No jack of course. The spare tire had cracks on the side wall. Fred came over and took a look at the situation and thought it best we all go on a ride. Fred's a smart guy! Four of us follow Fred into his playground. The vista points were awesome. But, when riding the single track and trying to keep up with the group, I was always last in line, I couldn't take my eyes off the trail for a split second. Donzo, Adam in Nevada and Dale were hot on Fred's tail. They would stop at intersections and wait for me. If not, I'd still be out there riding around. Had a blast!

Fred offered his scissor jack which wasn't strong enough to lift the truck and camper together but, with the assistance of the hydraulic jack located on the corner of the camper using them together we were able to raise the truck enough and by digging a hole under the tire we managed putting on the spare. The guys were a lot of help. It takes five TW members to change a tire. Ha.

Donzo made his famous garlic snacks around the camp fire. I had taken a deserved nap and missed out on the snacks. They all smelled like garlic around the camp fire when I arrived. Ha. Oh how the tales get tall around a campfire. Fun guys.

On the return drive I pulled off the road to start the Garmin and noticed a lone hitchhiker. He looked like he needed some help. It was like it was meant to be. He was glad I noticed him and said he was only going six miles down the road. Said he was eating roadside berries for breakfast. We arrived at his destination and I opened up the camper and made him an oversized sandwich, an apple and a bottled water. He was a happy camper and I felt a little warm feeling. Gotta pay it forward!

As the saying goes, no good turn ever goes unpunished. Dropping off the hitchhiker concluded in me missing my turn and the Garmen took me down the back roads of I don't know where. Everyone of these group rides are a memory. Sure miss my co-pilot! Luvya! Dan
    Mel, Joemama, Purple and 7 others like this.

Dan, not surprised to hear you stopped to help a stranger. After you left the gang all agreed you are a heck of a nice guy and a good riding companion. Next time we should stop and enjoy the views for longer.

After all, there should be more than just surviving another "easy trail" like this ridge top beauty that turned a little nasty later one...steep, narrow and somewhat rocky with a few switchbacks, cliffs and ledges
    This is actually a section of the iconic Pacific Crest Trail where motorcycle use is legal with nice signs asking the hikers to share the trail with other multiple users like mountain bikes and us motorcyclists. Nice!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fred; 08-19-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    SanDue, Mel, Ken and 3 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Pretty views for sure.

2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Dan of DanSue, another great "true" story. 5 TW riders to change a tire, hehehe. Oh, as you well know, stay away from propane and propane accessories. Good thing it was the tire instead. I think. Nice that Fred fesses up that he and the gang think you're a nice guy. My question is, why did they wait for you to leave to think of that. Maybe they should have mentioned it why you were still there. What if the hitchhiker turned out to be a very pretty woman and you ran off with her. Most likely you would have left the forum too and would never have seen or heard the nice comments Fred and the gang mentioned about you.

Ah, good time eh?
    SanDue, old w/??, Mel and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

We would never say anything nice to Dan, prefer to talk about him behind his back.
    Stuff like how generous it was of him to bring Sue's TW so I could borrow it to salvage Saturday's ride would just go to his head. More fun to dust him at back of the pack.
    As usual I had promised him an easy ride but as usual it wasn't. Intense erosion last two years has significantly degraded or closed many of the formerly good TW trails but we all did really well.
    Sue's bike ran like a champ, lots of pep and good handling once we filled the tires with air.
    Little stock footpegs and no handlebar risers reminded me that Sue is a little more petite than me but her stock bike did as well as any other.
    Many thanks to Dan, with Sue's loaner I was able to share more of this beautiful country with good friends made on the forum.
    admiral, Purple and SanDue like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Had a great time on this group ride. We need to do this more often! It's amazing where these lil' bikes can take you... we had rocks on rocks and then some rocks. Fun and a heck of a workout. Incredible views, we were lucky and had no smoke in our area and temps went down to mid 40s at night - good sleeping weather. Was pleasantly surprised we were allowed to have a campfire - a fire after a day of riding with friends is the best.
    Fred showed us beautiful and challenging trails. Other than seeing some hikers and bicyclists on trails near the lookouts we had the trails to ourselves.
    admiral and SanDue like this.

Here is Dan on the Pacific Crest Trail just about where he realizes this ain't going to be no easy trail. I'm always tricking that poor guy yet he comes back for more.

Donzo is another good rider we are corrupting. His after-ride appetizers puts him on the "must invite" list for these camp-n-ride adventures.

Leaving this peak below we were so busy talking about importance of not forgetting anything that Don forgot to finish closing his cell phone pocket. Phone hopped out a mile later and got broken.

Last edited by Fred; 08-20-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Rocks Don? I don't remember seeing any rocks.

Ken, admiral and SanDue like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Potential Good news on the phone - looks like only the screen is damaged - it still rings when called, dings when a text comes in etc. The screen is black. Will try and repair before replacing - I WILL zip that pocket on my bike bag from now on :/
    SanDue, Purple, Fred and 1 others like this.

This photo does seem to capture Dan's good side, the one Sue must see.
    Dan.jpg
    Normally his scowl is enough to scare coyotes away when I try to explain that there may be a rock or two on the trail ahead.

These are all really good people. Haven't teased Boarder255 or Adam-in-Nevada yet. Boarder towed my sick Mr.Gizmo back to camp with his WR250 so he gets a pass this time. Figured Adam gets one too since we razzed him mercilessly all weekend about his brand new, yet seemingly dissolving, aluminum rear sprocket for his KLX250. Stuff like how aluminum dust keeps getting in our eyes whenever Adam leads. It was actually fairly dusty, especially on the higher speed romps that accounted for most of the unpaved miles.
    admiral, SanDue and plumbstraight like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links