TW200 on the Pacific Crest Trail
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: TW200 on the Pacific Crest Trail

TW200 on the Pacific Crest Trail

Did some scouting for this weekend's group ride and found this nice section of Pacific Crest Trail where motorcycles are welcome. Quite a unique find which makes for a very scenic singletrack. I rode just a bit Thursday evening, enough to plan a return with the group on our way to the high peaks in the far ground. Think it has potential?

2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Looks like a nice way to do the PCT!
    ejfranz and SanDue like this.

Looks great fun! How much of it is motorbike friendly?
    ejfranz and SanDue like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That looks easy!
    ejfranz likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Next day Dan, Don and I ran another mile or two of the Pacific Crust Trail until we had to jump off to pick up another Jeep road that allegedly would lead us back to camp to meet up with Dale and Adam who where riding their Non-TWs to the gathering. We wanted to get back before dark to ridicule their bikes. The "Share the Trail" moto-friendly signs and singletrack continued on for an unknown distance but trail conditions were getting sketchy. Think I was hearing more cries for Mommy than giggles towards the end...maybe it was just me.
    admiral, Donzo, jtstdub and 5 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

That single track did start getting pretty intense with loose rock/sand and impressive steep falls on the side of the eroded track.....I was relieved when we got on the jeep trail.....but.....that ended up being the toughest trail of the weekend!
    Good times :-)
    SanDue likes this.

Caught a bit more video when things were tame enough to reach up and activate the camera. Missed a few uphill switchbacks where you just have to accelerate and commit to a continuous uninterrupted reversal of direction. There were also a few rocky ledge sections where I somehow got a little too busy riding with both hands on the bars to reach up and turn on camera.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Stunning!

Watching Fred's video of the not typical single track reminded me of watching Donzo recover from riding off the trail. Sorry Donzo I'll try and take it easy on you. Ha.

I'm like following Donzo who I believe is in first gear following Fred down his idea of a trail. Nothing like he shows the rest of you. It's a trick I tell ya, it's a trick! I regress! So, I'm following Donzo and the trail is littered with rocks the size of basket balls. Did you know that the proper definition of a rock is over 10 inches? So when Fred says the trail is rocky he is referring to basket ball size rocks. He knows geology kid you not. Donzo is kicked off the trail and ends up motionless with both tires off the trail, but upright. Donzo is in a predicament. If he spins his rear tire he's going over. Bye Bye Donzo, can I have your truuuuuuuck? I stop, I suppose I should have just rode by giving him confidence by not recognizing that he was about to die! I may have ridden by, but there wasn't room because Donzo was in my way. So I was forced to watch his demise. Donzo just sits there, motionless. I'm sitting there planning his eulogy. Just seeing him like that got my heart a beating. For the longest time he just doesn't move? What seemed like a forever minute he gives it a little throttle and the bike raises back on the trail and off he goes lickity split. The guy kept his cool!! Sorry Donzo. Dirts a Flyen SanDue

That Donzo usually has very good situational awareness. Saturday while cruising I got distracted pointing down at some steaming bear poop passing between us. Don however was vigorously pointing ahead. Apparently he saw the source a bit ahead of us, a fleeing good sized coffee-with-cream colored black bear. A few seconds later the bear dived off the road and really made the bushes shake for a ways as he raced away. Good times, no bears were harmed in the making of these videos.
    Last edited by Fred; 08-20-2018 at 10:07 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links