Cob and Chris hit the SNOW New Years Day
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wet side of the mountains, Washington State
    Howdy All,

Photos and video of Cob and Chris, riding New Years Day. The chain on the rear tire worked very well.

I am working on getting the Predator rewired so its down for a while, so I took the TW200 out with Chris and his Yamaha to have some fun in the snow. Click the link for some great photos of snow running, mountains covered in snow and even some Eagles.

http://mr-cob.smugmu...m/Other/Dave-an ... &k=WSJGkx4

Chris just sent me this video of our ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3lyn8cN2f4[/youtube]
    ALL brand motorcycle lover and rider, long distance cross country rider, logging road and two track rider, year round sidecar rider. I have been told since young to grow up and act my age, I ain't doin it, I am too busy living my life even if it kills me. Visit my photo web site, ( Hidden Content )

Looks like fun. What brand of atv mitts are those, and where did you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by howardgene63 View Post
    Looks like fun. What brand of atv mitts are those, and where did you get them?

Howdy Howard,

It was years ago that I bought the bar mitts, they don't have a brand name on them, costs about 15 bucks if I remember correctly, they work VERY WELL along with the heated grips.
    ALL brand motorcycle lover and rider, long distance cross country rider, logging road and two track rider, year round sidecar rider. I have been told since young to grow up and act my age, I ain't doin it, I am too busy living my life even if it kills me. Visit my photo web site, ( Hidden Content )

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Mr. Cob, I know it's apples and oranges, but how does the TW stack up against your 3-wheeled contraptions in snow?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for the video

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Mr. Cob, I know it's apples and oranges, but how does the TW stack up against your 3-wheeled contraptions in snow?

Howdy lizrodbrth,

Apples and oranges is a very good way of putting it. The TW did very well in the snow we played on New Years Day, it had a hard crust that would hold the bike up UNTIL you dug or broke through then it was pretty much instant STOP as can be seen in the video. The wide tires on the TW support its weight quite well and in the conditions shown in the video it went places the Ural would not have gone as its skinny tires would have just broke through the crust and it would have dug itself in and down very quickly. The Ural does much better in DEEP powder type snow there it will dig dwon to whatever the surface under the snow is, get traction and just plow through. However if the powder snow is over 18 inches deep it will pack up under the sidecar which will in effect float the sidecar that will cause the sidecar tire to loose traction and its not long before your stuck. Two totally diffeernt tools for different jobs, on hard packed snow or ice the Ural will leave the TW or any other bike slipping and sliding as it just motors onward.

Quote Originally Posted by bama View Post
    Thanks for the video

Howdy bama,

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. cob View Post
    Howdy lizrodbrth,

Apples and oranges is a very good way of putting it. The TW did very well in the snow we played on New Years Day, it had a hard crust that would hold the bike up UNTIL you dug or broke through then it was pretty much instant STOP as can be seen in the video. The wide tires on the TW support its weight quite well and in the conditions shown in the video it went places the Ural would not have gone as its skinny tires would have just broke through the crust and it would have dug itself in and down very quickly. The Ural does much better in DEEP powder type snow there it will dig dwon to whatever the surface under the snow is, get traction and just plow through. However if the powder snow is over 18 inches deep it will pack up under the sidecar which will in effect float the sidecar that will cause the sidecar tire to loose traction and its not long before your stuck. Two totally diffeernt tools for different jobs, on hard packed snow or ice the Ural will leave the TW or any other bike slipping and sliding as it just motors onward.

Makes sense. Just wondered. Never ridden a hack with a driven wheel. Thanks.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

GReat video..nice ride.

Great video..nice ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links