A Ride in the Woods Alone
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: A Ride in the Woods Alone

A Ride in the Woods Alone

It's Halloween month and I took a ride in the woods. I didn't see anyone until 2 dirt bike riders passed me about 2/3 of the way through the ride. I didn't see anyone before or after them. Riding to the pioneer cemetery and other grave site made me feel that much more alone. The whole ride I was looking over my shoulder. Eerie it was. Boo!

Decided to take a ride on Columbus Day. Columbus is dead right?

I was all alone

It didn't take long before I felt I was being watched

Most would take the high road. Not me. I'm taking the low road.

Is this a simple creek crossing or is it some evil werewolf trick?

Stumble across this old pioneer cemetery

Ruh Roh Raggy, I hope this shallow grave ain't fer me!

On the way home I took a break near this. I hope this isn't going to be an October trend finding all these grave looking places.

Can't wait for the next ghoulish ride in October.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Oh crud............you found all my secret hiding spots for all those ex's. bahahaha
    Ken, admiral, buellzebub and 9 others like this.
    Sometimes I really miss you, but then I can't remember where I buried your body.....

Hopefully not room for one more.
    Keep Kris this time, we all think he is kind of funny.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That area looks amazing to ride. I have a tough time relaxing riding alone in the wilderness. I start thinking how I can get out if I wad myself or the bike breaks. Rides like this are good on a TW because it's not a bike that you push to go fast on
    Where are you riding here?
    ejfranz, admiral and Allanb like this.
    87 TW

Admiral has given us a few clues to his new stomping grounds but I won't be the first to guess his location and violate his privacy.
    If I guessed correctly though their new home looks very nice with room for even more motorcycles.
    admiral, goldenhtr and Allanb like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    That area looks amazing to ride. I have a tough time relaxing riding alone in the wilderness. I start thinking how I can get out if I wad myself or the bike breaks. Rides like this are good on a TW because it's not a bike that you push to go fast on
    Where are you riding here?
    All of this riding was on old logging/mining roads though some have turned into ATV trails due to washouts and vegetation taking over.

I carry a SPOT in case of meltdown errr I mean breakdown and I also tell my wife or someone the general area I'm riding in. I'm now carrying a gun because I'm riding in bear/mountain lion country. I'll also carry bear spray when I finally get around to buying a can.

There are lots of single track trails in the area but I avoided them since I was riding alone. I don't want to push my luck too far though I still have the SPOT if I got froggy and rode a trail.

The riding area is about an hour north of Boise, ID around the Garden Valley No Tell'em Creek area.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Admiral has given us a few clues to his new stomping grounds but I won't be the first to guess his location and violate his privacy.
    If I guessed correctly though their new home looks very nice with room for even more motorcycles.
    Member Map kind of. I found and moved a member map pin to the general area where I live but not exact. There is a second pin which I can't figure out how to move at our old place in Sand Hollow so, unfortunately I have a pin at two locations. However, I'm guessing not many people go to the member map.

There is another member pinned near our new place called "ridgerider" or something like that. I haven't knowingly met this rider. A few weeks ago we did see a man and woman on an XT225(or 250) and TW200. We made long eye contact but didn't speak to each other. I didn't recognize them and they were gearing up to leave so didn't want to bother them. I do wonder if he maybe thought he recognized me from forum pictures but was unsure if it was us or not so he didn't say anything.
    Last edited by admiral; 10-12-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    Tweaker, Dryden-Tdub and Allanb like this.

come ride on our road .....in the dark.....we live on Sleepy Hollow
    Fred, admiral, bad luck and 1 others like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Frozen Hollow in Garden Valley sounds picturesque, and hopefully not too accurate. The colorful names around SanDue's neck of the woods made me think the residents were permitted to choose their own road names, there are some goofy ones.
    Admiral seems to have beautiful country with varied riding no matter what the name may be,.
    Tweaker, admiral and Allanb like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

The Spot is a great idea. Having one would ease my mind big time especially riding in a place away from civilization like you were. How long in time did you go out for? Not having someone with me the only thing that would make me go back is daylight, fuel or food.
    admiral, Allanb and Falcon4 like this.
    87 TW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links