Admiral's 2018 Annual Veterans Day Ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Admiral's 2018 Annual Veterans Day Ride

Admiral's 2018 Annual Veterans Day Ride

Who: Invitation to join 2 of my son's and I

What: Mostly mild ATV/Single-track with a sprinkling of logging roads to connect the trails.

Where: Sorta depends on snow level but planning on some trails north of Crouch, ID (Silver Crk/Bull Crk, Bear Wallow and some others if time permits)

When: Monday, 12 November 2018. Depart my Mountain Retreat about 1000. Might trailer further north to Peace Creek Trail head if it looks like we'll freeze our sacks off if we ride that far (about 20 miles from M.R.)

Why: 'Cause

Ya'll also be invited for a bowl of Mrs. Admiral's chilli and a warm fire upon our return to the Mountain Retreat.

It's gonna be frosty with temps in the mid-40's (so far) but I've ridden when it was colder BUT NO RAIN OR SNOW PREDICTED.

(12th is last Monday below)

Enticement pictures (and not the child molesting kind of enticement pictures)

I promise (mostly) to avoid 16:1 Trail or anything like it. We want an easy ride and not spend our time recovering motorcycles from the creek back on the trail. (or possible 911 Search and Rescue's...or our wives/girlfriends waiting for us at the trail head the next morning. Yes, we'll try to avoid that.

Let me know if you can come so we'll be looking for you. Oh, also so I can send you directions to the M.R. or Peace Creek Trail Head.
    Last edited by admiral; 11-05-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    jtstdub, buellzebub, Mel and 8 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Beautiful woods and trails...looks like tremendous fun.
    Last edited by Fred; 11-06-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

If what closer I would join you. Buddy and i rode a nice trail complex West of Oakley a few weeks ago and that was 3 hours one way from Ogden
    admiral likes this.
    2007 TW

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bodi View Post
    If what closer I would join you. Buddy and i rode a nice trail complex West of Oakley a few weeks ago and that was 3 hours one way from Ogden
    South Hills?
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

We unloaded at Fathers and Sons Forest Service campground. Area is SE of Twin and East Oakley. Think there was a ski area maybe
    2007 TW

Quote Originally Posted by Bodi View Post
    We unloaded at Fathers and Sons Forest Service campground. Area is SE of Twin and East Oakley. Think there was a ski area maybe
    Yeah that’s the South Hills. Mix of ATV and single track trails. I’ve ridden there once by only one short single track trail. Rest was ATV trails.

It does have atv and jeep trails also. We try to stick to the Single Track as much as possible. Its nothing like Big Eight Mile Creek or the stuff by Yankee Fork but way less stressful . Probably going to try Dead Cow trail down by Green River this weekend
    Have Fun
    2007 TW

Looks amazing.
    admiral likes this.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

The Veterans Day Ride

A water leak in the yard and an employee who quit at the last minute left me to ride by myself.

As such, I decided to not take any chances...or did I?

One Spoon Way Trail. I was gonna ride this trail but after just a few yards up the trail I didn't feel comfortable. Hate to wuss out on a trail but I just didn't "feel it". So I turned around.

I hate to "unbundle" to pee when it's cold out. With one of my planned trails 69'd, I didn't have a clue where I wanted to go so I just went. Found this dead end trail with puddle ice. Did I mention it was cold despite the sun in attendance.

Up for a quick dip in Silver Creek? Could be chilly water from the looks of it.

I took a "rain check" sort of. Peace Creek revisited. I've been wanting to ride Peace Creek Trail for several years. The last time I attempted in with a couple of the boys it rained. I'm not gonna ride the whole thing but I did poke around on it for a while.

Well, well, well, what do we have here? The roots of all evil me thinks. Doesn't look that "Peaceful" to me!

Got stopped by a log across the trail so I turned around and headed back to the main road.

What could go wrong? Silver Creek Summit Trail. Not my intention to ride this but hey, I was in the neighborhood.

Little dicey maybe? Couple day old tracks tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't think anything can go wrong.

The summit. There for a second I thought it was a toll booth. Whew.

This wasn't my plan but then I remembered...I didn't have one. Silver Creek Summit 6,700 and some odd feet above the sea.

A little sketchy going "downhill" in the snow it is.

Yup, what could go wrong? Hand guards caught my shin & knee guard and trapped me under Scoob for a while but I managed to escape.

It's ok to hate mud, I do! The mud did it not the snow. Well, the snow did play into the equation a little bit I guess.

I near collided with a deer on the way home. We missed by inches. I think I heard the doe say she'll get me next time. Best to be careful.

Elk everywhere. I don't think the owners of the pasture pool course are enthused about the heard but what ya gonna do. Must be between 50-100 Elk out there. I didn't count them so my estimate might be a few head off. Still awesome sight.

Not done with the video but I'll post it up when done editing.
    Last edited by admiral; 11-13-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    Ken, Fred, Donzo and 3 others like this.

Very nice Kris. Hijack! I told you that my step-nieces husband started and runs the North Fork Championship and holds their big party in Crouch. I was looking for something and found these pics of him.

james.jpg jamesa.jpg

jamesc.jpg
    admiral, Ken and ejfranz like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links