Regional Rides
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Regional Rides

Regional Rides

I got this idea when seeing a post from Admiral about a Veterans Day Ride. I didn't see it until yesterday, so obviously I missed it. I may be off base abd redundant here but is there a venue on the forum to post up and coming rides? Might give us a chance to rendezvous locally or regionally once in awhile. Just a thought. 🙂
    admiral, grewen, Darth and 1 others like this.

While there is no formal venue for posting upcoming rides the idea has merit. Typically info about a ride occurs in the Trails, Off-Road and Adventures area. Most times someone just announces a plan with either an open invitation or specific individuals in mind likely to join based on riding dificulty and location.
    littletommy likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    While there is no formal venue for posting upcoming rides the idea has merit. Typically info about a ride occurs in the Trails, Off-Road and Adventures area. Most times someone just announces a plan with either an open invitation or specific individuals in mind likely to join based on riding dificulty and location.
    Thanks Fred!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EatElk View Post
    I got this idea when seeing a post from Admiral about a Veterans Day Ride. I didn't see it until yesterday, so obviously I missed it. I may be off base abd redundant here but is there a venue on the forum to post up and coming rides? Might give us a chance to rendezvous locally or regionally once in awhile. Just a thought. 🙂
    Good idea EE. Not "stickied" invitations get bumped down the thread ladder as other threads are started unless the original thread continues to get comments.

Maybe a moderator could come up with a "Upcoming Rides" sticky sub thread in the Trails, Off-Road and Adventures as Fred mentions. I had suggested to move some of the open ride invitations as a sticky in the top of this thread but I can see where it could become cluttered because some of us (me included), sometimes post our actual ride report (pictures/video) within the original invitation thread. Sometimes that works but often times not so much because the pre-ride discussion could consume many pages before the ride actually takes place. Some people may not see or know there is a ride report within the invitation.

My Veterans Day ride is a good example of posting the RR within the invitation. I made the invitation and then posted the ride report within it. Somebody may not notice that.

On the other end, I personally post a separate ride report of the bigger rides I've ridden when there was a invitation thread started. Example of this would be the Moab threads. I post a ride report totally separate to the invitation thread. The invitation thread is where we really need to post pre-ride discussions but even I'm guilty of not living by what I'm suggesting 100% of the time.
    Fred, Darth and Tweaker like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Another option is a regional themed thread like what the Washington state riders have. There announcements of upcoming rides tend to appear first. The rides with other members are a very casual, infrequent event unless we as individuals make it happen.
    We motorcyclists are such freedom loving folks that we have no forum overloads managing things. Want a ride? Then make it happen, announce desire or intention for a particular date or location and see who responds. This is what I did for offering rides in the Sierras and the dreaded Easy Rides sort of snowballed from there.
    Enough Idaho riders abound that future get togethers seem a likelyhood. Just need to figure out how to get the word out in time to interested parties.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Regional forums would be great. At least for gatherings.

At some point I'll be looking to meet up with other SoCal riders.
    2001 TW

There are some excellent Southern California TW riders out there, good people as well as good riders. Plus there are many snow birds who tend to migrate in the winter to Quartzite and explore all over with their TrailWays. Try starting a dialog with some of them, see what happens. You could try starting a thread specifically targeting them in the title, something like. "Looking for SoCal riding partners".
    Darth and Mel like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by TW Newb View Post
    Regional forums would be great. At least for gatherings.

At some point I'll be looking to meet up with other SoCal riders.
    This is the closest thing we have to Regional forum for
    certain areas.

https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/groups/
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Would be great to have one in the Pa / NJ area

Well start one then! How else do you think these things happen? Make your 9th post the formation of a Pa/NJ regional member thread and feel proud for starting a tradition. Meet and ride with new buddies.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-16-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    joeband likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links