San Bernardino Cal. NF OHV Volunteer program
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By Willys714
  • 1 Post By

Thread: San Bernardino Cal. NF OHV Volunteer program

San Bernardino Cal. NF OHV Volunteer program

I want to bring more attention to this off road vehicle program, they are working hard to keep our trails open.
    With New Tdubers playing in the local mtns I hope it will give this program a boost.
    Also buried In another message I learned that TWnewb has been a volunteer for years and this shouldn't be a secret.

I started with Adopt-a-Trail where you do mostly trail maint. clearing brush and slashing go arounds. This is very informal and the easiest way to volunteer, the schedule being anytime you want to show up.
    Next would be joining the OHV program and now you will be trained and given access to their equipment. Malcolm Smith has been donating bikes and Quads so they usually have late model equipment for your use.
    We did everything from Tech/sound and sweep at Enduro's to staking out ecomat before an event. I planted things, i cut things down, I cut new trail, I closed trail. I've rescued hikers, bikers, jeepers and pulled 4 guys off that Silverwood shortcut where TDDUSport's friend was hurt.
    Volunteer and you will rarely be bored or complain of too much free time plus it will give you plenty of crazy memories.

Senior Member Till Death Dual Us Sport™'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Willys714 View Post
    I want to bring more attention to this off road vehicle program, they are working hard to keep our trails open.
    With New Tdubers playing in the local mtns I hope it will give this program a boost.
    Also buried In another message I learned that TWnewb has been a volunteer for years and this shouldn't be a secret.

I started with Adopt-a-Trail where you do mostly trail maint. clearing brush and slashing go arounds. This is very informal and the easiest way to volunteer, the schedule being anytime you want to show up.
    Next would be joining the OHV program and now you will be trained and given access to their equipment. Malcolm Smith has been donating bikes and Quads so they usually have late model equipment for your use.
    We did everything from Tech/sound and sweep at Enduro's to staking out ecomat before an event. I planted things, i cut things down, I cut new trail, I closed trail. I've rescued hikers, bikers, jeepers and pulled 4 guys off that Silverwood shortcut where TDDUSport's friend was hurt.
    Volunteer and you will rarely be bored or complain of too much free time plus it will give you plenty of crazy memories.

This sounds pretty awesome! I'll do some more research on it tonight. Hopefully my brother will be back in action by Christmas!
    Tweaker likes this.
    Till Death Dual Us Sport YouTube Channel
    Hidden Content
    Stickers Available Through Link Below!

i would love to have more info on this i have been a volenteer for Azusa Canyon OHV for quite a few years but i do not have a offroad truck anymore and the tdubb would be boring out there . i would be interested in helping out on the trails

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The program is VERY important!

Funding is constantly getting cut and the higher ups are always under pressure by activists to close the trails. Volunteers are the last line of defense. It's through their effort that the trails are kept viable.
    The program needs new blood the group is aging out.
    This last year we lost 2 very important advocates. So we need all the help possible.
    If you volunteer or participate in the adopt a trail program you can sign up to get chainsaw certified. Who doesn't love playing with chainsaws?? Lol
    They also need equipment operators. So if your qualified you will be a very popular guy/gal 😉

Right now I'm not very involved in either because I sold my Jeep and I'm not riding yet. Though Lost Jeeps is aware that my 3/4 ton Burb is available for hauling anything big.

Please consider volunteering for your local programs! If your area doesn't have one, and you don't wanna make the trek, be a good steward by picking up trash at your local trails.
    2001 TW

Sorry to hear of your brother getting hurt and hope he heals quickly. That trail is no joke.

‘I’m not kidding when I said you can simply show up at Northshore to volunteer.
    A tailgate safety meeting and some .gov form and your good to go.
    These are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and At Northshore you have a safe place to leave your truck or stash packs if you dual sported up.

Sponosred Links