TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

SoCal Trail-Ride

6K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  Lew 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I’m new here but for a long time have been wanting to ride with a group of TW’s. It would be fun showcasing and pushing the TW’s as a group in their natural habitat. I was thinking Hixon trail out by Anza would be a great place to venture into. It’s a beginner-intermediate trail that starts off as a truck trail and narrows down to a pretty fun Single track. There is a lookout and from what I’ve experienced really great riding. I’d like to generate some interest and then as a group plan a day to ride in a week or two.

Thanks -Crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Crash, thanks for starting this thread. Not sure if I can get out in the next few weeks, but there are lots of SoCal members, and it would be great to get some group rides going on here. Maybe mods can sticky the thread too?

Phil

#8 ·
Live in Norcal now, lived in Rancho Cucamonga for 18 years and would have been out there with ya! There used to be a lot of riding north of Foothill Blvd above 19th street towards Mt Baldy and out towards SanBerdo - all homes/businesses now....
You should be able to get a nice group going

#14 ·
Also the ride location isn’t set in stone either. If you guys have a more suitable ride you’d like to suggest I’m open ears and mind. Just keep in mind riders with varying skills are joining in and it seems most will truck or tow their TW. So somewhere fairly easy and with a good staging area is recommended.

#16 ·
So glad to see some of you southern California riders willing to get together. Not only can you make some valuable lasting friendships but the technical assistance from a fellow rider can be very helpful if you ever have a problem.

#18 ·
Hi all. I’ve crossposted this on the TW200 Dualsport World group on Facebook (hopefully they don’t delete it [emoji28]).I really want to get the ball rolling with participants and hopefully get a ride going this month. If you haven’t done so yet, join that group on Facebook. It will likely be an easier medium of communication due to the messenger and we can create group chats. Crossing my fingers this is a success! Maybe it can become a monthly thing.

#20 ·
I can set up a group ride in Gorman/ Hungry Valley when it warms up a bit. Just snowed up there. All levels of riding within Hungry Valley SVRA (State Vehicular Recreation Area) There is a cool dual sport run up Gold Hill road to Alamo mountain. Elevation gain of about 2000 feet to 6000 feet. Street legal required on Gold Hill road. Good group camping too. Located about 60 miles North of downtown LA. 32 miles north of The Santa Clarita Valley (Magic Mountain) off I5. Depends on interest of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.