Big Bend 2019...Maybe?
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Big Bend 2019...Maybe?

Big Bend 2019...Maybe?

We {well Hoot} has been discussing this for a couple of years now...and something, weather, money, lack of interest, has been pushing it back....now Gary L., Mel, and maybe Jersey Jeepster, Montezuma, and Zdiver Paul, are on the plan making kick again...of course if the nitwits in Washington don't open back up the National Parks and the other small bit of Government that is "shut down" it may be a moot point anyway!

Here is what we have so far....the dates of Big Bend are open ended but Gary is planning on meeting up with Hoot on or about April 30th in Ohio after he leaves New York State...we will travel with vehicles and TWs to Big Bend and arrive around May 2nd, stay for a week or so, and head back east about May 7th or 8th....like I said this is open ended...you can park your butt and TW/Camper/4WD or whatever at the Rio Grande Campground, in Terlingua, or the Chisos Mountain Lodge, or a combination of any and all....you can ride when you want, drink when you please, and leave whenever you want....there will be on "Rules" no mandatory or "planned" group rides....we will let the chips fall and just meet up, greet, and eat when we please.

If you are interested you can raise you hand here or drop me an e-mail or PM me here...

Hoot "Big Bend or Dust 2019"

Big Bend OOR.jpg
    JerseyJeeper, Ken, Mel and 5 others like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Ken
    This one sounds like a possibility for me. I would have to get my bike trail ready with a skid plate and some type of tank cover for the stock tank.
    Hoot Gibson and bad luck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    This one sounds like a possibility for me. I would have to get my bike trail ready with a skid plate and some type of tank cover for the stock tank.
    Need a skid plate for sure, but heck Ol Blue 2014 has a stock one and it survived Big Bend in 2016....
    Ken likes this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey Hoot, I wanted to thank you and GaryL for the email and the invitation to go back to Big Bend. Unfortunately that timeframe would not work for me. I am off for 6 months but go back to work May 1 officially but the spend the weeks in April getting the ferry ready for the season. That was a great trip and I would love to see you guys again. Looking forward to the pictures.
    Hoot Gibson and Ken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    Hey Hoot, I wanted to thank you and GaryL for the email and the invitation to go back to Big Bend. Unfortunately that timeframe would not work for me. I am off for 6 months but go back to work May 1 officially but the spend the weeks in April getting the ferry ready for the season. That was a great trip and I would love to see you guys again. Looking forward to the pictures.
    Sorry about that, but God Willing we will see you down the road...on the TW...
    Mel and Ken like this.

Hidden Content

Forgive me, I am a Swede and only know pillaging and destruction of those I run into...is Big Bend the National Park in Texas?
    Ken and wersonst like this.

For the record...my genes are from Sweden, but I am 2nd generation American all the way!!! 🇺🇸
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EatElk View Post
    Forgive me, I am a Swede and only know pillaging and destruction of those I run into...is Big Bend the National Park in Texas?
    YES! Big Bend National Park in TX and overlooks the Rio Grand. This will be a non denominational gathering and we don't care where your genes are from. Just like in years past making such plans so far out are difficult with life getting in our ways. Stuff happens so that's why we are tossing it out with no rules and with all of us being pretty much on our own for the planning. I hope to bring my camping gear, BW350 and my side kick Brittany Spaniel but could end up just with my 4 runner and staying in motels for the trip. It's a long drive for me from upstate NY but the right time of year to get away after a long cold winter has passed. If you plan on bringing a bike I would highly recommend you get the maintenance done before you go because this is a pretty desolate area of the country.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by EatElk View Post
    Yes but there is also the Big Bend State Park attached and next door....which is not affected by the Pelosi/Schumer/Trump Shutdown...lol...so I plan on going there and partying in Terlingua, regardless...
    JerseyJeeper and owtcast like this.

Hidden Content

How long is the drive, I need to evaluate vacation time. Can a bike be rented (if I fly)?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    YES! Big Bend National Park in TX and overlooks the Rio Grand. This will be a non denominational gathering and we don't care where your genes are from. Just like in years past making such plans so far out are difficult with life getting in our ways. Stuff happens so that's why we are tossing it out with no rules and with all of us being pretty much on our own for the planning. I hope to bring my camping gear, BW350 and my side kick Brittany Spaniel but could end up just with my 4 runner and staying in motels for the trip. It's a long drive for me from upstate NY but the right time of year to get away after a long cold winter has passed. If you plan on bringing a bike I would highly recommend you get the maintenance done before you go because this is a pretty desolate area of the country.

GaryL
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links