Riding In Mexico
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Riding In Mexico

Riding In Mexico

For those of you who have ridden in Mexico, did you buy insurance for your motorcycle and if so from whom?
    Elvesus likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

When we went I always bought it for our vehicles. We hadn’t had a chance to take the bikes but I would definitely get it. I think it is required. I usually bought it right before the border, but you can get it online now. Here is one example.

https://www.mexpro.com/blog/how-much...urance-per-day

I think I’ve used Mexinsure here at TJ.

Dropped pin
    Near 120 Calle Primera, San Diego, CA 92173
    https://goo.gl/maps/az6Ew3paSt62
    Last edited by Tweaker; 01-05-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    ejfranz and Allanb like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Don't do it. ….. I have ridden the Baja to Cabo and the mainland to Guatemala on road bikes…. Mexico is a absolutely beautiful country filled with warm and friendly people...... but it is also very dangerous......because the cops and robbers will rob you of everything you have and you will be happy to escape with your life..

I ran out of luck and was thrown in prison.... not jail...prison...my only crime being that I was a "rich" American....I managed to bribe the Warden and the Mayor and got out on bail and rode the back roads all night to escape across the border at Nogales ….only because the Mexican Border Patrol were sleeping... spent the next week crapping and throwing up and thanking my lucky stars I was safe in the USA...

If you go, you will need car/bike insurance..... and make sure your health insurance will cover you...... and buy a medical evacuation policy because if you have a accident and survive it...they will kill you in the hospital...

Read the State Department Level 2 travel advisory for Mexico....No Muy Bueno ….
    Last edited by bartruff; 01-05-2019 at 10:33 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The medical evacuation insurance is a good idea .
    Allanb and Fred like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

I have been going to Baja since 1964...... and just got Back from Catavina for 10 days. Go to discover baja.com They have the best insurance and road information etc. for Baja lots of good reading.

ronnydog
    Last edited by ronnydog; 01-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Allanb and Tweaker like this.

Where are you heading? I've got a buddy who winters in Baja in the the Cabo/Los Barilles/La Paz area. He camps in his Delica van and has a TW (not a forum member - yet). I can connect you if you're interested.
    ejfranz, Peterb, Allanb and 1 others like this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

Quote Originally Posted by ronnydog View Post
    I have been going to Baja since 1964...... and just got Back from Catalina for 10 days. Go to discover baja.com They have the best insurance and road information etc. for Baja lots of good reading.

ronnydog
    come on ronnydog, lets see pics of catavińa!
    JerseyJeeper likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

At this point I am just investigating what is needed to travel in Mexico on a motorcycle. I was thinking of crossing into Mexico at Yuma and travelling east and head back into the USA below Tucson. Not sure if this is worth while and Linda would prefer that I do not try this at this time.
    Allanb likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Last edited by ronnydog; 01-06-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Tweaker likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links