Quartzite (the 2019 one) and Beyond. - Page 4
Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Quartzite (the 2019 one) and Beyond.

Mel, ejfranz, Fred and 4 others like this.

Doug, I was going to check out that area today so I will look for your rig.
    Daryl, you can a ways drop by for a beer
    image.jpeg
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Met up with Motad and his friend and we went for a short ride. I continued along farther and came to Skull Rock.
    image.jpeg

I also rode in to see the Palms and hiked up to their location
    image.jpeg

Then it was back down to have a beer with Doug
    Last edited by ejfranz; 01-29-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Did the Phoenix Tuscon circuit. Sorta like a circumnav thing. Great lake north west of Phoenix, Lake Pleasant. 15 a night for lakeside camping. That's where my RV house batteries gave up the ghost. The ones they said were new. A drive into an Interstate dealer in the north of Phoenix confirmed the death of said batteries and, after a chat with my RV dealership in Kelowna they said they would cover them as long as I bring the dead soldiers home. PITA? I think so. But it made all good. After several days I travelled on and down to Roosevelt lake and the land of Tonto and then down to Organ Pipe Cactus Monument just above the border. Actually had the window cracked all night there. But that is where I found out the Yuasa replacement battery for the Tdub really was kaput. and it also started a bit of a hunt for a replacement. Ended up heading up to Quartzite again where I determined I could get an AGM for 50 bucks in a couple of days. In Lake Havasu. SO, onward and upward and a few days stay on BLM land at Havasu. The Dub got the royal treatment, a full service and valve adjustment (no play at all in the intake) and is now feelin like a million bucks. Had some good fun at that BLM. All sand and dips and whoops. Then winter came. His long arm reaching way down from the north and I beat it outta there back to Quartzite with the wind a blowin and the hale a throwin. They have full hookups here for 15 a night so I got all the restocking and laundry, food etc. done in time for the sun to come back out. Headed out now for Salton Sea Joshua Tree area. Then most likely Death Valley by the end of the month.20190208_105115 (Medium).jpg20190208_105115 (Medium).jpgDSCN0655.JPGDSCN0719 (Medium).jpeg

Sorry but Big Suck Wifi makes putting up a bunch of photos almost impossible.

With current weather here in NorCal...really missing Quartsite and AZ in general! Cutting firewood later this morning - going thru firewood faster than usual, wonder why...
    25 this morning
    Enjoyed SoCal also on way home - spent some time in the Julian area - was fun to visit and go to our old spots - we had 5 acres and an off the grid cabin off of Engineers Rd for many years. We went there every weekend with the kids since they were single digit old. Now they are 27 and 24!

In Borrego Springs area now. Great little town and good Boondocking. And gettin warm!
    Alberta Darrel and Tweaker like this.

Hang around a bit, I might show up by Wednesday. How are the flowers?
    Alberta Darrel and Tweaker like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Had a chat with my companion and will be coming to Willow springs Rd early the week of Jeep week. Will set up as usual and be there until we pack up after the TW crew has had enough lol. Guess I will have to bring a bit extra wood and water this trip. I put her on a TW and was very happy that she took off without killing it, shifted properly and looked like she actually up to speed. She said it had been a while, but felt good to be on one again, perfect. She also likes the four wheelers so should be a great time. I know some terrain will be a challenge, but we will take baby steps for sure.
    ejfranz, Alberta Darrel and Fred like this.

I am slowly headed for Moab but have to be home by Apr. 15 so I guess I'll miss u guys. Will look for u Plumb if u r there early.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoad View Post
    I am slowly headed for Moab but have to be home by Apr. 15 so I guess I'll miss u guys. Will look for u Plumb if u r there early.
    I will be there in that time frame. Look for a red dodge flatbed with a few toys and a fifthwheel trailer. Will be on willow springs rd. the truck has a small crane on the bed by the drivers side.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponosred Links