Quartzite (the 2019 one) and Beyond.
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Quartzite (the 2019 one) and Beyond.

Quartzite (the 2019 one) and Beyond.

Shoveoff date is fast approaching. Jan. 15th is showing a good window to sneak past all the fluffy white stuff and head on down. Warmin up the RV, making sure everything works and packing for early Tuesday morning. Hope to get to around Pendelton the first day with a rest stop over night. Trying for Winnemucca the next. We'll see how that goes. Quartzite area for a good month or two, fitting death valley in there somehow. Looking I find the right group to travel into Mexico with. San Felipe is on my mind. Doing 3 months down that way till it comes back north. May stay a little longer just to see some of u old pharts at Moab.
    Mel, Miaugi, grewen and 5 others like this.

Save travels from Ontario!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Me and my son will be in Quartzsite with our T Dubs from Jan 18-20. Anybody got any suggestions for us as to camping or riding spots? We want to hit the junk shows a bit each day but then ride off into the sunset for the evening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by desert_drifter View Post
    Me and my son will be in Quartzsite with our T Dubs from Jan 18-20. Anybody got any suggestions for us as to camping or riding spots? We want to hit the junk shows a bit each day but then ride off into the sunset for the evening.
    Call me.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Camper or tenting, DD? I will just be figuring it out when I get down there. But I'll keep in touch. Colorado River BLM just by Blythe has been suggested by a Facebook dude as a good one.

Tents. I was considering packing the bikes and finding a remote site far from town. Then I remembered it's still cold so might be nice to camp next to my truck which will be full of firewood and propane. We'll be getting into Blythe late Friday night and camping on a motel room floor (which is an option for us all weekend if it's too cold or rainy). We'd like to camp Saturday and maybe Sunday after we've had a chance to explore the area. My house is filled with crap from many years of visiting Quartzsite, but this will be my first time seeing it from a TW point of view.
    jtomelliott49 and Tweaker like this.

Yep, just over a year ago I was still in a tent. But the last meet at Moab and sub freezing temps and a tent full of fine dust had the little man, (who was quite shriveled by then) saying;Toad, u r too old for this shit. So now it's downsized the living space, freed up cash and a pretty new most luxurious RV with the Dub slung off the back. Look u up when I get down there.
    jtomelliott49 and Tweaker like this.

I know it is winter but the route down from BC passes through some impressive country. Why not slow down and detour to enjoy other interesting sites and add to your life's experiences? What's another hundred miles or so when you're on a multi-thousand mile journey if it allows you to visit other Bucket List destinations, after all when will you next be close to some of these places? Death Valley, Lost Wages, soak in some hot springs, pee in the Colorado, etc.
    I suppose you could drive straight through to Quartzite and simply tell everyone "I drove to Quatzite", or instead "On the way to Quartzite I saw....and visited the most amazing...and met these wonderful...etc" Life should be an adventure in the new RV, no need to be in a rush.
    goldenhtr, jtstdub, Mel and 3 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Well Fred, I have enjoyed those different route going down and coming up in the past and will do so again. Matter of fact on of the first planned routes was down 395 thru John Day and so on but as even as short ago as last fall I was doing the Hot Springs circuit in the new RV and ran into a couple of heavy, heavy snow storms. Even tho I am confident in my own driving in all kinds of weather, it was the view of more than one other guy getting out of control and heading right at my new $85000 toy. So, sticking to my guns and saving the real sight seeing for a bit later. And if I'm lucky I may be treated to some grand sights in ol Mekiko.
    Mel and Tweaker like this.

That's the attitude! Rastros felices Senior Doug ("Happy trails" in American, don't know how to say it in Canadian).
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links