Canyon De Guadalupe Hot Springs March 22-25
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http://www.guadalupecanyonoasis.com/Rates.html

I am planning a trip to Guadalupe Friday March 22 to 25. We will truck our bikes through Tecate Mexico, stop in La Rumorosa at Lalos and have some tacos then in to the camp and we can ride from there. Cross back into the US Monday around 2:00. I have been there lots of times, the riding is great and hot tubs feel good after a ride! Google it and join us.

Ronnydog

Ronnydog, You are causing brain synapses to fire that have not for years. In the early 70's almost twice a month we would pile in the old Bronco and head for Tecate and then to the spine of the Sierra Juarez on old logging roads to explore the heads of those palm canyons. Sometimes we would hike down from the top into the palm canyons. Our fav was Tajo Canyon with a tremendous granite exposure (you can see it at the head of the first major canyon North of Guadalupe Cyn on Google Earth. My buddy found the route when he had to go to the bottom with the San Diego Mt. Rescue to carry a body out (young lady went with inexperienced group and didn't find water where they thought they would). That is wonderful area (top, bottom and all parts in between). But be careful, folks die in that desert when bikes breakdown a long way from anywhere. We were snowed in and stuck for overnight at the top once on Thanksgiving weekend, but by noon the next day it was mostly mud and slush. We were a bit more spartan than you - we had to contend with small collection basins (tinajas) on top of the massive granite exposure which held rainwater and heated up nicely. Enjoy and cherish the opportunities that the area offers. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Great to hear about your experiences in Baja. Do you have any pics to share. Wish we coould go back to them times. I was at Guadalipe in 1969 for the first time at about 12 years old.

They have placed these towers in Baja to help travelers in need, gas, broke down or lost. I heard they rebuilt a motor to get a family on ther way.

I think we will stick to the desert floor for our rides unless there are some hikers that would like to see the upper water falls.

This is a easy going, take your time trip.

Ronnydog

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Photos yes, but they will take a bit to dig out and put into electronic format. I'll try because the Throne (the massive granite precipice) is better than impressive. Enjoy the area and take plenty of water. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

this is a good site to see the cayon. http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthre...d=29358&page=1

ronnydog

ronnydog, We are thinking about joining you for the Guadalupe Canyon trip. We spend our winters in the Baja, so we would just join you at the campground. Anita has no motorcycle, but likes to hike, and has an ATV. How much lead time do you need for a firm decision? I have seen pictures of the road, and it appears that our 4x4 pickup with popup camper and a small ATV/motorcycle trailer should be ok. Keep us informed of your plans. Mel

Quote Originally Posted by eskermel View Post
    ronnydog, We are thinking about joining you for the Guadalupe Canyon trip. We spend our winters in the Baja, so we would just join you at the campground. Anita has no motorcycle, but likes to hike, and has an ATV. How much lead time do you need for a firm decision? I have seen pictures of the road, and it appears that our 4x4 pickup with popup camper and a small ATV/motorcycle trailer should be ok. Keep us informed of your plans. Mel

Mel, We are meeting in Dulzura ten miles south of Tecate friday the 22 of March. Looks like we may ride from there to the hot springs on the TWs. Your truck and trailer will be fine. If you are comming just let me know before the 22nd and we will keep a look out for you. Looking forward to talking to you about your Baja experiences.

Info and insurance for Baja I have found http://www.discoverbaja.com/ to be the best place.

Ronnydog

GPS COORDINATES FOR ARTURO'S CAMP 32 09 504 N X 115 46 224 W

From San Diego, drive east on Hwy. 94. Last good spot to Gas up! At approx. 40 mi., turn right and go south on Tecate Road (#188). It's about 1.8 mi. to the border-crossing (open 6 am to midnight). Four blocks past the border, turn left on Avenida Benito Juarez (Mex.Hwy. 2), reset odometer, and go east, passing by Parque Hidalgo (Tecate's central park), which will be to your right.

Continue East & follow signs onto Hwy.2 - Cuota (new Toll Rd) approx. 40 mi., toward Mexicali. Pass through La Rumerosa Toll Booth & head down the newly paved winding mtn. road to the desert floor..

km28

At approx. 65.8 mi. (near mileage marker "km28"), where a highway sign says "CANON DE GUADALUPE," turn right onto a graded dirt road, reset odometer, and go south.

This mostly good dirt road may include some rough areas and "washboard" which in some places can be avoided by steering to the extreme side or driving on the paralleling tracks off the road. Try not to slow down or stop in sandy spots.

At 27.2 mi., upon passing the Italian olive plantation, turn right onto another graded dirt road signed "CANON de GUADALUPE" and go west.

This last segment begins with 7 mi. of mostly good but increasingly winding dirt road, and ends with 0.6 mi. of primitive dirt road. At mile 7, after "INFORMATION" sign, bear right at fork. Slow down and maneuver carefully. Follow the signs to "ARTURO'S CAMPO." A short distance further up a slightly steep incline is Arturo's store, which also serves as the campground office.

LAGUNA SALADA DRY LAKE ROAD:

Continue on Hwy 2 past the K28 marker for 2.5 miles, there will be a large freeway sign for Laguna Salada. Go right for 25 miles. There will be 2 or 3 signs, you will head off the dry lake and intersect the main dirt road at the Olive Plantation. Go left 1/4 mile then right after you pass the plantation. 7 miles west into the canyon.

DIRECTIONS THROUGH MEXICALI

Take I-8, Hwy. 78, or Hwy. 86 to Hwy. 111 in the Imperial Valley, and go south on #111 to the border-crossing (open 24 hours). Once in Mexicali, directions and signs are sparse. You must travel West and find Hwy 2. Proceed about 20 miles to "km28." Watch for a highway sign announcing "CANYON DE GUADALUPE."

ronnydog

http://www.guadalupecanyonoasis.com/index.html

Go to hot tubs and see the rates and map. Im thinking about El Dorado if there is 8 to 10 people.

Ronnydog

Ronnydog, there will be two of us in our party. Sharing a site sounds like a great idea. We will have our camper which will be useful for cooking and inclement weather (if we are unlucky). Unless a complication arises, we are planning on joining you. Mel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links