TurtlePalooza 2013
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Announcing the Second annual Townsend, TN TurtlePalooza!

Mark your calendars for the weekend of May 31st and June 1st, 2013. Let's see how many TW200's we can get together this time!

The location is the same as last year. We'll be staying at the Riverstone Lodge in Townsend, TN located a 1/2 mile from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

I've blocked off 10 rooms under the name TW200 or my name, Francois. Book early in case we need more than 12 rooms. The phone number for reservations is 800-854-7358

7 standard rooms with 2 queen beds, toilet and shower - $49.95 a night

1 standard room with 1 king bed, toilet and shower - $49.95 a night

4 standard rooms with 1 queen bed, toilet and shower - $49.95 a night

The property also has 4 Master rooms, which are larger, have 2 queen beds and a full bathtub. These larger rooms are $69.95 and have a private balcony.

The Riverstone Lodge is a nice quiet location right in Townsend, and offers an outdoor seating area and a fire pit where we can sit around and recall how great we all rode that day!

I've got routes planned for a full day of riding both Saturday and Sunday that offers a mix of street, gravel and trail. Ideally you should plan to arrive Friday afternoon or evening and leave either Sunday night or Monday morning if you want to get the most riding time out of this weekend.

If you are pretty sure you are going to attend please reply in this thread so we can see who all is coming. If you would like one of the rooms at the Riverstone Lodge please call them at 800-854-7358 and mention the TW200 rally. For those of you that wish to scout out the area on Google Maps the Riverstone Lodge is located at 8511 Highway 73 in Townsend, TN. For whatever reason Google isn't very accurate in Townsend when you use the street address so use this LINK instead. In addition to the Riverstone Lodge, there is also the Townsend Great Smokies KOA campground 1/4 mile down the road. Their number is (800) 562-3428 .

If you know anyone who wants to come along but doesn't have a bike, GSM Motorcycle Rental is two doors down from the hotel and they rent KLR's, DR650, DR200, WR250, KLX250S, etc. Check them out at http://www.gsmmotorent.com/ or give them a call at 865-448-6090.

You can PM me if you have any questions about the area, other accommodations, other attractions for family coming with you, etc.

We'll probably do another informal pulled pork dinner of some sort made by Dan and Debbie Dickie of GSM Motorent next door. Those of you who were there last year know how good it was! We had some slow speed races, tinkered with bikes, ate some great food and some of us even went home with different wheels!

This is going to be a great get together with some great people. Don't miss out!

GapRunr
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Hi Francois,

I'll put the date on my calendar. I plan on attending but I never know for sure where I will be until the last minute.

I wasn't very pleased with the room I had last year. I mentioned the problems to the lady in the office but she didn't too concerned. Maybe I'm too picky.

Jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    Hi Francois,

I'll put the date on my calendar. I plan on attending but I never know for sure where I will be until the last minute.

I wasn't very pleased with the room I had last year. I mentioned the problems to the lady in the office but she didn't too concerned. Maybe I'm too picky.

Jb

The nicer rooms in the two story building are pretty good. I stayed in one of those last year. I know the $49.95 rooms are a little old, but they should be clean and dry. What was the issue?
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
    ..... What was the issue?
    You really want to know....?

I requested a non smoking room. The room had an ash tray and cigarette smell.

There was a connecting door to the next room, through which you could hear your neighbors breathing.

But the worst was the raw sewage that backed up into the bathroom sink.

Jb

You really want to know....?

I requested a non smoking room. The room had an ash tray and cigarette smell.

There was a connecting door to the next room, through which you could hear your neighbors breathing.

But the worst was the raw sewage that backed up into the bathroom sink.

Jb

Hmmm... I'll file these under "Things I needed to know before reserving there again this year". I'll see if I can come up with another option for a hotel for this year.
    GapRunr

Well crap my kids do the last week of may. Oh well i will make it down there one of these days.

Hmmm... I'll file these under "Things I needed to know before reserving there again this year". I'll see if I can come up with another option for a hotel for this year.
    Francois,

Hopefully my experience was an isolated case. I'm willing to give them another chance.... Unless they give me the same room.

Thanks for all your efforts in putting this together.

Jb

Francois,

Hopefully my experience was an isolated case. I'm willing to give them another chance.... Unless they give me the same room.

Thanks for all your efforts in putting this together.

Jb

Do you remember what room you had? I'd like to call Belinda at the motel and talk to her about it.
    GapRunr

Do you remember what room you had? I'd like to call Belinda at the motel and talk to her about it.
    Not sure. I believe it was room 5, somewhere in the middle part of the old single story building.

Jb

I'll be back.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links