Riding Mattawa, WA
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjP65rEDVc[/media]

My father in-law and I tackled a riding area outside of Mattawa, WA on Saturday. Locally know as "Riding Mattawa".

We were reluctant to stray too far off of the main road at first, so we followed the main road to some radio towers on top of Sentinel Mountain. The views were awesome.

We finally built up the courage to tackle some trails. The hills are steeper than they look and the whoops are deeper than the video shows. Rocks and loose sand/loam made up the terrain.

The YZ did great on the open terrain, but the TW absolutely shined when we rode down the rocky canyon. The canyon was the funnest part for me. The TW never missed a beat.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Man it looks like you two had a blast, thanks for the vid!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

The YZ doesn't look street legal. Another advantage to the TW.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looked like a good ride with plenty of technical riding (sand, rocks, single track). Much of that terrain looks very similar to the Hemingway Butte area we have around here.

Sand is still my nemesis though. We have a big sandy area in my local training area (BLM Land) and I hope to do some serious practicing when everything dry's out. Still a bunch of snow to melt and riding right now is like riding in mud soup, which definitely no fun, even with my tire chains.

Watching your video is really giving me the riding itch, dang it! Also, can't wait to try out my 55T on the steep hills.

Thanks for sharing Rainman.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

"WOW"............ You guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more skilled than I am................... That was cool... Those handle bars were just dancing back and forth..............What brand of tires do you run??? Sand like that has me backing off and turning around.. OMM.

some nice chunk rocks and fun sand to test your skills...See any critters?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by omm View Post
    "WOW"............ You guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more skilled than I am................... That was cool... Those handle bars were just dancing back and forth..............What brand of tires do you run??? Sand like that has me backing off and turning around.. OMM.

The handle bars were dancing everywhere and it took a lot of body language to keep the bike straight at times.

I am running the stock rear tire and a Maxxis Maxxcross IT in 110/100/18 on the front. Its an off road only tire and it works EXCELLENT!

1990 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by importmech View Post
    some nice chunk rocks and fun sand to test your skills...See any critters?

No critters. I thought we should have at least seen some coyotes but nah, nothing.

1990 TW200

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Whaaa-hoooooo! That looks like fun. Are you guys doing the Fringe-Dirty and the Stumpjumpers-Desert 100 poker runs again this year? I'd love to meet and ride with some other TWers this year.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    Whaaa-hoooooo! That looks like fun. Are you guys doing the Fringe-Dirty and the Stumpjumpers-Desert 100 poker runs again this year? I'd love to meet and ride with some other TWers this year.

Yeah, I'll be there. My dad won't be because he is getting shoulder surgery this week. But I'm sure my father in-law (non-TW) will be there with me.

Both those rides are a lot of fun. The Fringe is close to where we just rode...just five miles or so north.

Would love to meet up with you. The more TWs the better!

1990 TW200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links