Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15 - Page 12
Close

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree613Likes

Thread: Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15

That was a fun day of riding. We switched bikes and got to see what the other riders had.
    Lorrie would not take me up on switching bikes - she joked that none of us would ride her PINK bike.
    I am looking forward to riding Jeff's bike again when he gets the mods done.
    I would also like to ride Betty Boop again, but with a rear brake that works!
    littletommy, admiral and SanDue like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Did anyone take the Bee out ?
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Did anyone take the Bee out ?
    No, we all had our own bikes and a spare was not needed though Fred's was a little worse for wear by the end of the riding.
    littletommy and admiral like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ejfranz View Post
    No, we all had our own bikes and a spare was not needed though Fred's was a little worse for wear by the end of the riding.
    Well, have you ever seen his back yard? That guy wears out bikes faster than they can make them!!!

ejfranz, admiral, SanDue and 4 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Should motorcycle abuse be a crime?
    Testing Betty Boop's nice new EBC rear brakes yesterday on a rather nasty single track downhill I completely tore off the left foot peg.
    Not just a loose fastener, not just the folding portion but tore the entire assembly through the frame mounting tab's fairly thin metal.
    Just glad this didn't happen 10 miles in on Day 5 of Admiral's 171 mile long Peace Trail ride. As is it was only about 15 miles riding with one peg to get home.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Should motorcycle abuse be a crime?
    Testing Betty Boop's nice new EBC rear brakes yesterday on a rather nasty single track downhill I completely tore off the left foot peg.
    Not just a loose fastener, not just the folding portion but tore the entire assembly through the frame mounting tab's fairly thin metal.
    Just glad this didn't happen 10 miles in on Day 5 of Admiral's 171 mile long Peace Trail ride. As is it was only about 15 miles riding with one peg to get home.

I just love adventure stories! Wonder if one of my one legged pirate buddies could ride Betty Boop? Probably not, they've been dead a couple hundred years now! Idaho Larry once ripped off his left peg. He went back to his truck and used a vice gripes the rest of the day as a left peg. Fell off a few times but one things for sure, Larry's not a quitter. I always wondered what it would be like to have to ride without one of the pegs. I hope I just keep wondering and don't have to live it like you Fred. 15 miles on a single track, ouch on the hip muscles.
    littletommy, ejfranz and SanDue like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Only had to negotiate 3/4 mile of manageable single track and two creek crossings on one peg before I reached a jeep road that could lead me off the mountain. Wasn't that bad but wasn't that much fun either. Really could have used a pair of vice grips!
    I already miss Admiral's smooth Idaho trails & roads since recent heavy winters have severely eroded many of my formerly nice riding areas sucking much of the fun out of the trails.
    Great videos Kris! Keep 'em coming while I try to figure out some issues with posting photos & videos.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Some pics from Monday’s long cruise looking both ways from a bridge a hundred miles or so into the ride. Absolutely gorgeous!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Some pics from same day only 65 miles or so in, just below Smith(?) Summit. Since Admiral’s home base was not too far on the far side we busted through a series of snowfields until snow depth became untenable. Absolutely ironic to be so close only to turn around. Made for an extended adventure as we backtracked slowly in our sixth gears trying to extend meager fuel reserves needed for either alternate way out.

Ejfranz on his DT200 , Admiral on his XT200 and me on my TW/TTR 223 don't quite make the pass. Their narrower tires actually cut down through the rotten snow slightly better than my TerraCross ATV tire.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-26-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    ejfranz, littletommy and SanDue like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Nothing finer than sitting around the fire after a good ride with all these really wonderful folks.
    Starting from left to right..... Hey, where did everybody go?

EDIT: We all took turns around the campfire petting Admiral's formerly shy dog Roscoe. The loving new home & friendliness by strangers at recent Group rides has given Roscoe an amazing boost of self confidence.
    So much so that he has learned how to steal my booze! Roscoe has decided that an untended cocktail glass next to a campfire side chair beats any dog's watering bowl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fred; 06-26-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links