Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15 - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree613Likes

Thread: Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15

I plan to make the sojourn to heavily vegetated Elk country. Look forward to seeing you 2s new hide out!

Not bringing the Class C, just the cabover.

I am a maybe, torn between romping around Admiral's back yard or July's "Challis" adventure in the Sawtooths. Either way likely be compact with one bike on back of van.
    I did cyber-explore real estate listings finding the new house way back when and indeed The Admiral's Place is a hidden gem more than a few turns away from downtown metropolitan Garden Valley. Map would be very helpful.
    ejfranz, SanDue, admiral and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I am a maybe, torn between romping around Admiral's back yard or July's "Challis" adventure in the Sawtooths.
    Why choose - do both.
    SanDue and admiral like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

We will bring the Hats. The hats will read MOAB 2019. The letters MOAB on half the hats stand for, " More Of Admirals Best". The other half of the hats stand for " More Of Admirals Beer". We will probably just camp at your neighbors house. How far are you from Redding, Calif.? See you there unless you see us first. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Purple, Donzo, admiral and 2 others like this.

Dan, you, Sue and the hats are about 550 miles from Admiral's neighbors house...a good 10 hours behind the wheel.
    SanDue, admiral and littletommy like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Wish I lived closer! Really need to get some New England gatherings going....
    2016 TW200
    & Lots of old Rovers
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
    Wish I lived closer! Really need to get some New England gatherings going....
    I've been saying the same exact thing. Too far away and need to get some good group rides organized with folks from here in the southeast. Most if not all of my rides are solo or with my kids. Which is not bad at all, but some variety would be good.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

Dan & Sue,
    After that long 550 mile 10 hour ride to Admirals, a 335 mile 6 hour ride up to mine for a couple three days would be easy...

Dan, you, Sue and the hats are about 550 miles from Admiral's neighbors house...a good 10 hours behind the wheel.
    ejfranz, SanDue and Purple like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

---Quote (Originally by SanDue)---
    Please send me direction to your new house. I may also need direction back to my house. Thanks until your better paid. Will be a grand time. Dan and Sue.
    ---End Quote---
    From your place to our place go North East. Back to your place from our place go South West! I'm pretty sure it takes a while in both directions.

We will bring the Mystery Gift Box. We took it with us to Moab but, no one came by to play. Checking for spiders the other day I discovered a roll of quarters in there. Gifts seem to be going in the box but, few are coming out. Go figure. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Last edited by SanDue; 05-16-2019 at 07:55 AM.

I am a maybe, torn between romping around Admiral's back yard or July's "Challis" adventure in the Sawtooths. Either way likely be compact with one bike on back of van.
    I did cyber-explore real estate listings finding the new house way back when and indeed The Admiral's Place is a hidden gem more than a few turns away from downtown metropolitan Garden Valley. Map would be very helpful.
    I'm with ejfranz, do both. Not to be selfish but if you had to choose one or the other the Challis Ride will be more remote/rugged. I've camped a few times near Custer, ID and the mining history of the area is tremendously interesting. Don't know trails other than I hiked up 8 mile creek road to an old mining site. Was a few old log buildings still standing. Saw a bear up close and personal on the hike back to the truck. Good times.

On the other hand, there's plenty of interesting places around here I'm planning on riding too during the gathering. Few lookouts etc.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links