Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15 - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I am a maybe, torn between romping around Admiral's back yard or July's "Challis" adventure in the Sawtooths. Either way likely be compact with one bike on back of van.
    I did cyber-explore real estate listings finding the new house way back when and indeed The Admiral's Place is a hidden gem more than a few turns away from downtown metropolitan Garden Valley. Map would be very helpful.
    Oh man. Thats where Iam at. Want to do both. Just a little matter of miles of interstate, and BIG matter of dang inconsiderate kids. Can you imagine wanting a summer wedding? On the cold side of the mountains? And then wanting dad to show up? When he's cold blooded and wants to be on the warm side of the cascades? Jeez, thought I taught them better manners, respect for their elders and all that...
    Congratulations Mr Laurie and Ms Admiral on a fine retirement place. Ya'll knew what you wanted, acted fast, and put it together!!
    admiral and ejfranz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    ...I've camped a few times near Custer, ID and the mining history of the area is tremendously interesting. Don't know trails other than I hiked up 8 mile creek road to an old mining site. Was a few old log buildings still standing. Saw a bear up close and personal on the hike back to the truck. Good times....
    That's the McFadden mill. It's so remote, that's why those cabins are still standing....sort of. I rode all the way up to Estes Mountain on that trail and I'll NEVER do that again! Horrible fist and cabbage sized loose cobbles for three miles. Ugh! I had to stop and let the TW cool (and myself) I was winding it up so much in first. Estes has a much easier way up off the Loon Creek road and there are dozens of mines on it.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Might be tuff on a bike but great on an ATV.
    2007 TW

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yesterday I was out on a trail recon for the upcoming ride when I ran across an old lady broke down on a logging road. I was the first person she'd seen all day. Even though she was in her 70's or 80's, she was well prepared to spend a week or two out in the bush if need be, so she'd a been alright for a while.

I took her to town so she could call a tow truck. There was no cell service where she was broke down at. I was so disappointed in the tow services we contacted. None would send a truck up even though it was a well maintained forest service road. One tow company would do it but his tow truck was broke down and in the shop. She got a hold of her son and he came to pick her up.

I would have pulled her back to town but Mr. Obvious said I couldn't do it. At least I did what I could. Lydia was a hoot. Vietnam War Era Army Nurse. She cussed and carried a pistol, what more do you want. Got to hear some great stories on the way back to town.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Admiral to the rescue. Why am I not surprised?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Admiral to the rescue. Why am I not surprised?
    Thanks for the kind words. Came along at the right time. Just like you did on your way to Moab. For the both of us, it was the right thing to do.

Lydia actually asked me to go to town and ask for a wrecker. When it became apparent nobody was really being helpful I went back up the mountain and brought her to town. We then called some more without luck...except getting in touch with her son. I hope to go back in a day or two just to make sure the truck got safely towed.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Good for you Kris!!
    admiral, ejfranz and SanDue like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I'm thinking how can my buddy and I miss out on this!? Trying logistically to break free from work for a few days and I think I can pull it off. I am planning to figure it out...hell, screw that, I am going to make this happen. Elk burgers for all!!! Give me an idea on a head count Admiral and I will grind enough for all.

Had my first day off today in three months. My next will be enjoying an Idaho Elk burger with you and new found friends in a couple of weeks. See you soon! If I can reserve space for one small tent that would be great. Otherwise I will sleep on top of Lucile. &#x1f642; Good job on the rescue with the young lady with the gun. We gotta take care of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by EatElk View Post
    I'm thinking how can my buddy and I miss out on this!? Trying logistically to break free from work for a few days and I think I can pull it off. I am planning to figure it out...hell, screw that, I am going to make this happen. Elk burgers for all!!! Give me an idea on a head count Admiral and I will grind enough for all.

Had my first day off today in three months. My next will be enjoying an Idaho Elk burger with you and new found friends in a couple of weeks. See you soon! If I can reserve space for one small tent that would be great. Otherwise I will sleep on top of Lucile. &#x1f642; Good job on the rescue with the young lady with the gun. We gotta take care of each other.
    Excellent. Tent space reserved. I'll have to tally up the approximate headcount and will post it up later today.
    SanDue likes this.

Wow, that's quite a suspension issue the lady had... nice job helping her out. Karma kudos!
    admiral and SanDue like this.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links