Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15
Close

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree613Likes

Thread: Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15

Admirals House Warming & TW Ride Gathering June 13-15

Who: Anyone who wishes to come ride. We'll welcome anyone who wants to ride TW's, ATV/SxS's and other bikes like a DT200

What: House Warming but mainly riding ATV trails, some single track trails and various logging roads. May split up into ability groups if necessary.

Where: Our place in Garden Valley, ID. We'll provide directions and a map if you want to join us or even come guide you in once you make it to the Terrace Lakes Lodge. (our place can be difficult to find with the spaghetti network of old logging roads turned subdivision roads). PM me your email address and I'll send the info to you.

When: 13-15 June are the main riding days but will entertain riders who show up a day or two early or stay a couple days later. i.e. you can make this a 5-8 day ride adventure if you want or ride just one day.

Why: Because we want to ride, enjoy campfires after the ride, enjoy after ride "medicine" (if needed).

We can accommodate 2-4 camp trailers if not too large. Have some tent spots available as well. We also have 3 guest bedrooms if you just want to haul your machine(s) here. About 3/4 mile away is Terrace Lakes Lodge which has Motel Rooms ($75 ish a night) and a small campground ($25 a night) if you want yer privacy. Not really that private but thought I'd throw the info in there.

We'll provide continental type breakfast stuff and evening BBQ type stuff on the main ride days. Lunches and meals on other days are on you. i.e. Mrs. Admiral has to work and I don't cook so good.

Let us know if you want to come.
    Last edited by admiral; 05-13-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sounds like a great time. Thanks for the invite to a fun ride, with you folks. If I am able will bring a tw and sxs but with the cargo trailer instead of the 5th wheel as space is at a premium.
    littletommy, admiral and SanDue like this.

Damn straight, I want to come.
    And I would if it wasn't 1,312 miles!
    Oh, well...
    “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

Humans: simultaneously capable of such genius and such douchebaggery!

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I'm interested. My new Aliner is only marginally bigger than the one you saw back at Tiddie Creek....my, that was quite a while ago!
    But you know me, I always procrastinate until I'm sure of the weather.
    Rocky
    littletommy, admiral and SanDue like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

I am in, how could I refuse with that personal invite.
    2 smoke and I will show up - will most likely just bring the truck & camper with the bike on the front rack; that way you can stick me behind the workshop.
    I still have the map

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET TO THE ADMIRAL'S PLACE WITH OUT THE MAP - YOU HAVE BEEN FOR-WARNED.
    Even with the map it may be a challenge!
    Admiral keeps taking me different ways to his place
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Hi Admirals - This is so kind & most generous and I wish there wasn't a 1000 mile drive between as I'd love to be there for your house warming/group rides & shenanigans - Thanks again for the generous invitation. All the best.... TomT

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    Hi Admirals - This is so kind & most generous and I wish there wasn't a 1000 mile drive between as I'd love to be there for your house warming/group rides & shenanigans - Thanks again for the generous invitation. All the best.... TomT
    Only a thousand miles? Man up fellow and join us. Bring that wonderful family of yours and enjoy what this forum is about. In reality, we all get it, we all have our things in life we have to deal with. Being retired has it's privilages.
    Allanb, SanDue and TomT like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfranz View Post
    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET TO THE ADMIRAL'S PLACE WITH OUT THE MAP - YOU HAVE BEEN FOR-WARNED.
    What map?
    SanDue likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTFS View Post
    What map?

A map I'll send you when you PM me your email address.

Your Aliner should be maneuverable easy enough here. I have a bit of a hard time with the 28' TWoycraftcarrier but manage. Dang water spigots get in the way on the shop property. I'll be removing the temporary carport before the gather off the flat landing area and that will help a lot to maneuver the big rigs. Good thing Plumb is downsizing from his 5th wheel to cargo trailer cause his would have taken up a lot of acreage.
    SanDue and plumbstraight like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

gotta love your spirit & perspective Randall .... & .... damnit, you're right!!!
    plumbstraight likes this.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links