Admirals 2019 Moab Report
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Admirals 2019 Moab Report

Admirals 2019 Moab Report

I'll start my Moab report with the Pre Moab not in Moab Ride. One of my northerly forum friends (ejfranz) from northern North America stopped by for a couple days of riding in central North America before we all headed to our TW200 2019 Moab gathering.

Not slickrock nor sand but it presents a challenge none the less.

It was very nice riding weather but the high country trails were still snowed in so we had to stick to the lower elevation trails. We had a couple obstacles to keep us entertained!

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the trails in Moab will look like this. That's my thought anyway!

To be continue
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

That looks like an adventurous pre-Moab training ride.
    littletommy and admiral like this.

Snow is about the only condition I prefer the ATV. Just me, but more power to y'all that ride that stuff
    admiral, littletommy and Allanb like this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Moab 19 Begins Day 1 Part 1/2 MM Tusher Wash 3D

We start our 2019 Moab Adventure with an easy does it route through parts of M&M, Tusher Wash, and 3D Jeep trails to start a week of riding. Mrs. Admiral and Purple may have a different take on "easy does it route" though as there was a section or two which were not so "easy does it". Oops.

Nothing like starting a ride with a quick view of "shirtless man". I think he may have been asking for trouble in a crash...or too much sun without sunscreen. I'm thinking of a Forest Gump quote right now.

Who doesn't like the views at a rest stop eh? Like riding in a stadium.

Nature's parking lot. I like it.

Mrs. Admiral an Donzo like the route so far.

Who is this? Reminds me of Bugs Bunny. I like bunnies 'cept when they eat their own crap (see Ripley's Believe it or Not thread, 15 May 19, and you'll know what I'm talking about).

Nice view of Monitor and Merrimac Buttes. This is shortly after Mrs. Admiral's stunt riding go awry. Luckily, Mrs. Admiral wasn't hurt enough to stop riding. (update, she had an MRI on her knee yesterday. Waiting for the results. Hopefully, not amputation!).

Determination Towers

Hearty TW riders riding down Tusher Wash

More TW riders heading down the Tusher

To be continued in Day 1 Part 2
    Purple, Sthrnromr, ejfranz and 9 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

This terrain is so foreign looking to me. I can't imagine what the traction or lack of would be like. Otherwise is looks like off trail riding is much easier in this landscape then most.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    This terrain is so foreign looking to me. I can't imagine what the traction or lack of would be like. Otherwise is looks like off trail riding is much easier in this landscape then most.
    After a week of riding at Moab and then another week of not riding I went out with my son and did some BC single track. Man we were tired after just a hour.
    In Moab you're not throwing the bike from side to side as in woods riding. You do have to pick some good lines when tackling ledges.
    Traction is unbelievable on slick rock and if you have a good rear tire the sand is not an issue - just air down and keep on the throttle.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

That was a great day! Some beautiful and some intense stuff. The last hill on the video was good, rough and steep lol..

Video definately smooths things out...visually... 🙂
    admiral and littletommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    That was a great day! Some beautiful and some intense stuff. The last hill on the video was good, rough and steep lol..

Video definately smooths things out...visually...
    Yeah...everything is easier when it's filmed. Off camera everything is much more extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    Yeah...everything is easier when it's filmed. Off camera everything is much more extreme.
    I think your statement is what Purple was talking about in his write up. In a few episodes upcoming the camera captures a few moments here and there which aren't easy...even to the camera. We need to gasp, grunt, cry (out-loud), and scream in bloody terror a little more when we see a difficult area to enhance the viewing experience a little more.

But Kris, with your humorous editing we can now hear some great helmet-to-hemet dialog, plus the occasional gasp or grunt from Lori. That helps enhance the viewing experience.
    Nice occasional glances back at the others. Otherwise as the leader in videos it is hard to realistically convey the feeling that you are leading a string of a dozen more riders.
    Another great video!
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links