A short adventure
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Needed to take a break from the intensities of work, but it seems I only temporarily replaced one frustration with another.

Friday I headed into the hills to find a road that I explored 30 years ago on a Mt. bike. Revisiting Ponderosa Way held an extra bonus as I may have a chance to cross paths with some old Friends that I understand own some property in the canyon the road passes through. It was a bit of a disappointment. The 'road' showed little sign of it leading to someones residence, but then these folks are pretty unique and as well commute in a Land Rover. After a couple of bumpy miles as a result of the many gravel erosion berms (speed bumps?) I came to a locked gate.

Headed back to my home turf and came upon a fellow that was having engine trouble and could not get his quad to start. He indicated that white smoke was comming from the front of the quad. Seems his radiator was gunked up with dirt that was sticking to the oil soaked screen that covered the radiator.

Could not do much about the dirt but I was able to spare a quart of water as his radiator appeared dry. With cool water, the fellow was able to head back home for some sorley needed service.

Managed to find a couple of areas that I have likely been on many years ago but since I could not recall much of the experience I decided revisit the area (s) and see if I could take a few short videos.

As much as I like viewing the adventure video's of others,trying to present one can turn into a real chore. Here is what I have so far. For me, sometimes it plays real smooth, then again sometimes it is a series of starts and stops. Wonder if I would be easier to simple 'cut' and present photos instead of trying to stream a video. Gerry

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dSF5xbhdvkI

Take care my Friend.........

No issues viewing here. Thanks for sharing - looks like a great place to ride!
    2006 TW200, LED tail & turn signals, Clarke XT350 tank, hybrid YZ80 forks, CycleRacks rear rack, Ricochet bash plate, TTR225 header, eBay pegs, MSR high ATV bars, Tusk bar risers, Tusk handguards & deflectors, Tusk KX250 stainless brake line, XT225 speedo cable, 14/47 sprockets, Mule-pin seat latches, 130 main, 0.035" shimmed needle, TW34/M6006 meats.

Lovely - thanks for sharing it.
    2008 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Got some much needed advice from our Video Master (Busyweb) so putting together A Short Adventure part 2 was a lots less stressful. This is from the same ride (75 miles or so), just different sections. Gerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNY7hBTZAto

Gerry, Those are a couple of nice video's. It sure is nice to have a riding area so close to home...and your's has trees! We have BLM land adjacent to our property, but as you have seen from some of my past posts, tree-less and wide open. I'm not complaining cause many don't have that. It's just nice to see you have such a good riding area.

One day I'll have to hit up the "Video Master" myself. Heck, I can't even figure out how to get a youTube account. That's my stress right now .

Thanks for sharing.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks Admiral, I have very much appreciated your contributions as well.

I am curious, and BusyWeb may be as well. When it comes to videos, what do you guys enjoy, and what do you really end up dealing with?

Do most of 'us' have fast enough internet as to be able to appreciate any kind of video?

Do 'most' of us enjoy seeing pretty 'basic' dirt rides or are most inclined to want to be watching 'extreme off-road'.

I will certainly ride what I like to ride reguardless, but if what I "effort" to present is so pedestrian as to be of little interest, I can focus on the 'extreme' of what I do (very little) or just ride and forget the video.

Please realize, I do the video because "I do the video". I enjoy making folks happy, and realize that my video endeavors are "my responsibility" in other words, I can't blame you for not likeing what I have spent my time doing.

I have lots of trees and dirt, and can turn the camera on or off at will. What would you folks really like to see. If it is within my kind of riding, it makes more sense to me to capture that image than one of me kissing the Wife good-bye. In other words (once again), doing a ride would be even more fun, if I could bring back something that even more folks could enjoy......... Suspect that is the case for others as well.

Folks, let us know what is of interest to 'most' of you. Thanks, Gerry

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjHqZtjLlP4[/media]

Very nice videos Gerry. Really enjoyed watching them. That's my kind of off-roading. I wish I had that kind of riding 7 miles from my house. Thanks again and keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by cptrout View Post
    Very nice videos Gerry. Really enjoyed watching them. That's my kind of off-roading. I wish I had that kind of riding 7 miles from my house. Thanks again and keep up the good work

FYI, you can have you video appear right in your post by using the "Insert Media" feature of the forum (last icon on the right). It's pretty similar to adding a photo. For YouTube video, just use the URL displayed in your browser when the video is up in YouTube. Like this...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSF5xbhdvkI[/media]

Hey Truelight, pretty neat. I wondered how that was done. Just reposted an old video above, per your instruction....... Thanks, Gerry

Great videos Gerry.... I love exploring old roads and trails. The terrain here goes from dirt roads that are almost freeways to some really knarly trails. I do them all depending who i'm riding with. Riding season is just about over for the winter though... The snowmobile is all serviced and waiting, We've had a few flurries but nothing sticking down around us yet.
    2009 WR250R

2005 V-Strom

1993 Shadow 1100 with Ural sidecar

2008 H-D Ultra Classic

2009 Zuma 125

2004 Zuma 50

2000 WR400F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links