Desert Ride with Admiral & Son
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The stars, sun and moon finally aligned and I was able to get a ride in with Son #3. First time since he bought his KX250F last fall. As you will see in the video, youth and

a more powerful motorcycle = me being left in the dust. Often!

The good news, I'm so sore that I don't even feel my normal aches and pains!

Bad news is, I got new aches and pains! Time heals all wounds, right?

Finally got to test my new 55T sprocket rigorously. Love a lot. Got me easily up this little hill . . . though I have to take the correct fork!

But not this one. I call this hill the "Widow Maker". Had enough gear, just to much loose dirt and rocks. I was oh so close to making it!

I was on my own for a while until my son and his buddy caught up to me. It would be the last time I'd be in the lead without holding them up.

Can you see the rabbit? If you have an imagination that is!

With all the folks at the trail head, we only ran into 2 small groups the whole day.

#3 having a little fun. I tried to jump too, but #3 said I only got both wheels off the ground about 2 inches. Oh well, I'm a chicken anyway.

Sand and whoops! Double devil diablo x2. Though never comfortable with either element, I am getting better riding in it.

Had a fun day of riding with son #3.

Enjoy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPq8f-qrI_k[/media]
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

a great time! my dad and i are planning a ride this summer.... the west coast on hwy 1.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Fun! Tw's don't jump! they like keeping their tires firmly on the trail.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looks like a good time! The sandy whoops and black rock look familiar as we have some just like it down here. I especially enjoyed the video, except it kind of scared me when you got sideways on the steep slope. I spent a little time with my son yesterday, but instead of riding a TW he was riding an Appaloosa with, you guessed it, just one horsepower. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I really enjoyed it since the last few days have been beautiful weather and I've been booked up with no opportunity to ride my TW.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Man that looks like some fun riding, and it's great that you got to ride with your son.

If your camera works anything like mine, then those hills were even more imposing in real life then they look in the pics, AND THEY'RE PRETTY DANG BIG AND STEEP IN THE PICS!

Thanks for sharing this ride!
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

That looks like a blast. I bought my son an XR50 a while back and finally have had the chance to teach him to ride it in the last few weeks. His uncle decked him out in the outfit and dad picked up a helmet last week. A few more days of practice and well be off for the best father/son weekend ever.

Took him down to an long open alley. No camera since making sure he didn't ride through any walls was more important his first time.

His biggest fan (His sister)

His garb and new helmet (Boots are in the closet)

Second day...we had about 30 mins to practice. Don't worry moms. There was NO traffic.

Pretty cool to see the glow on his face.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joe band View Post
    a great time! my dad and i are planning a ride this summer.... the west coast on hwy 1.

I like riding solo, with friends, but riding with family is the best. Your hwy 1 rounds sounds like it's gonna be a good one!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by importmech View Post
    Fun! Tw's don't jump! they like keeping their tires firmly on the trail.

You got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    Looks like a good time! The sandy whoops and black rock look familiar as we have some just like it down here. I especially enjoyed the video, except it kind of scared me when you got sideways on the steep slope. I spent a little time with my son yesterday, but instead of riding a TW he was riding an Appaloosa with, you guessed it, just one horsepower. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I really enjoyed it since the last few days have been beautiful weather and I've been booked up with no opportunity to ride my TW.

I though for sure I was gonna tip over on the "Widow Maker", but I saved it. Before I got going down hill again, the rear tire wanted to keep sliding out in front of me. That kept me from attempting the hill a second time.

Come summer, I split my riding time between the TW and Mule Power. Both are so darn enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    Man that looks like some fun riding, and it's great that you got to ride with your son.

If your camera works anything like mine, then those hills were even more imposing in real life then they look in the pics, AND THEY'RE PRETTY DANG BIG AND STEEP IN THE PICS!

Thanks for sharing this ride!

One thing you can't see in the video going up the widow maker, my front tire keeps wheeling and bucking me around. But for a moment I thought I would make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links