A day in the life .... - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: A day in the life ....

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Had a friend over this week, so we went for a meander across the Island - him on the TW225, while I kept to the TW200 this time

We covered 70 miles in 5 hours, on a nice sunny day, as we explored the various beaches, a café, and a pub — but I’ll let the pictures tell the tale …..

Attachment 195382

First stop, Church Bay, and yes, that is my “happy face”

Attachment 195384.. - .. Attachment 195386.. - .. Attachment 195388

View from an old stone bridge

Attachment 195390 - Attachment 195392

“Riding motorcycles on any of Anglesey’s beaches is strictly forbidden” — (it sez ‘ere)

Attachment 195394

Interesting bit of “track”. What you can’t see (and nor could we), is the two ruts down either side, a foot lower than the center. This meant that when the bike gets “grabbed” by the undergrowth and pulled off course, you had no idea of where your foot was actually going to find the ground — or indeed “if”. We baled out after 200 yards and turned back. The undergrowth alone would have stopped a Land Rover, and no-one needs a broken ankle in that lot

Attachment 195396

So we retired to a pub “with a view”

I often think that with a length of rope, a support jeep, a couple of machetes and chopper cover, you can go almost anywhere on the Island

Ah well — there’s always another day …..
    Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a great ride. Why a support jeep? Be the first to put on a front cycle rack with a wench on it and pull yourself out. Keep up the great adventures.
    1993 TW200 just over 46,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a great ride. Why a support jeep? Be the first to put on a front cycle rack with a wench on it and pull yourself out. Keep up the great adventures.
    Boy, I would love to have a wench on my front rack!! She would have to weigh less than 10 kg though.....Tiny Dancer, hold me closer...
    TW-Brian likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links