Kodiak, AK trails
Close

Kodiak, AK trails

Anyone here familiar with good trails for the TW, preferably something noob friendly since I have minimal trail riding experience. I rode Burma Road a couple days ago and while I was able to make it all the way down the trail until we got to an impassable part coming down the backside of Old Woman it wasn't the most comfortable ride for me as it was mostly large rocks for a good portion of the trail. Most of my co-workers have ATVs and go out to Saltery, but from what I've heard it would be a pretty tough ride for my TW, especially as a beginner. Are there any other trails similar in difficulty to Burma Road in Kodiak?
    2018 TW200, 1994 Honda CB500

I know we have some members in your state on the board but you might have some good luck over at advrider.com as well. In fact, they have a regional subforum just for Alaska.

Buddy. Kodiak is gods country for trails! Outfit your bike for offroad and you will be truly gobsmacked at tge country that opens up for you. If you o u tfit your bike lime mine(see build thread) you will leave your quadriped friends in the dust. There is a trail map floating aro u nd online in the past but I dont have a copy. Wife and I spent a few weeks there and I'll tell you firsthand its fooking amazing!!!!!----- every other person on this board is envious that you have the good fortune to be a "mossback". If those jackwagons at the ferry service werent on strike id come and ride with you now. I'm in wasilla if you get this way we have $#!÷ tons of trails here and I have an extra bike so stay in touch. Also I believe theres a 4x4 club there emerald isle offroad. Not sure if theyre active. Just rode in seldovia this week.

Cheers and god bless.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny-Wheel-200 View Post
    Buddy. Kodiak is gods country for trails! Outfit your bike for offroad and you will be truly gobsmacked at tge country that opens up for you. If you o u tfit your bike lime mine(see build thread) you will leave your quadriped friends in the dust. There is a trail map floating aro u nd online in the past but I dont have a copy. Wife and I spent a few weeks there and I'll tell you firsthand its fooking amazing!!!!!----- every other person on this board is envious that you have the good fortune to be a "mossback". If those jackwagons at the ferry service werent on strike id come and ride with you now. I'm in wasilla if you get this way we have $#!÷ tons of trails here and I have an extra bike so stay in touch. Also I believe theres a 4x4 club there emerald isle offroad. Not sure if theyre active. Just rode in seldovia this week.

Cheers and god bless.

Kodiak can be pretty nice if the weather holds up. Winters are pretty miserable though. I stop through Wasilla occasionally, not sure when I'll be up there next but I'll be sure to let you know.
    2018 TW200, 1994 Honda CB500

Oh also I think that they have a trail map at the visitor center or somewhere else they will give you. Just ask around. We were there it was miraculously sunny every day. I know ita a different place when you have 30 days in a row of rain. We got lucky.

I will be there for a week in October. Most of the trails I have been on were no OHV friendly!

Sponosred Links