Four Years ago this week....Michigan, Northern Wisconsin and the "Yooper"
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Four Years ago this week....Michigan, Northern Wisconsin and the "Yooper"

Four Years ago this week....Michigan, Northern Wisconsin and the "Yooper"

4 years ago at this time, Borneo {The Judge}, Montezuma, and Hoot, were off on a 9 day 1500 mile adventure from our homes in Western Ohio and NE Indiana, northward to Michigan's Upper "Yooper" ...we enjoy sunshine and low humidity almost the entire trip...

Day 1 resized 1.jpgBar Resized Kurt.jpgAttachment 196000Great Lakes Run 015.JPGGreat Lakes Downsize Ludington 1.jpg

Up Next Part #2
    Purple likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Part #2... Crossing Lake Michigan in style....July 29, 2015....

Great Lakes Ludington Crossing Hoot 1.jpgGreat Lakes Run 027.JPGGreat Lakes Run 019.JPGGreat Lakes Run 029.JPGGreat Lakes Run 030.JPG

Up Later Part #3 Wisconsin's Northwoods and Borneo's Bearing Problems....
    Purple likes this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

Part #3.... On Day #2 {#3 for Montezuma and Hoot} we headed along the Wolf River in the Wisconsin Northwoods, Borneo had front wheel issues and we landed in the Michigan "Yooper" for the night at the Lake Superior town of Baraga where we found a great motel with a excellent bar...the motel cost was a real bargain, the motel bar more than made up for that however, the only night we really did any heavy drinking....the trip across the UP to Marquette the next day was done with a bit of a hangover for this old man....

Wolf River (1).JPGBaraga Resized River.jpgGreat Lakes Run 043.JPGGreat Lakes Run 041.JPGYooper Gravel 2.jpg

Part #4 Marquette and Lake Superior
    Purple likes this.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Part # 4....Heading West to East in the UP

We took our time, me being a bit hungover, and traveled off US 41 and US 2 as much as possible...stopping for coffee, pee breaks, etc, on our way to the college town of Marquette. We got another nice motel with decent rates, ate Chinese, hit Wal Mart for some supplies, and enjoyed the pool and hot tub....

Attachment 196026Great Lakes Run 054.JPGGreat Lakes Run 057.JPGAttachment 196034Attachment 196038

Part #5...heading south and over the Big Mackinac Bridge..

Hidden Content

Part #5....we had moved into August and were in no particular hurry to return home....but the weather was good for 3 small bikes crossing the Mackinac Bridge, which separates the "Yooper" and Low Michigan on I~75....I had crossed this bridge on several occasions on family vacations and other adventures, but never on a Motorcycle, let alone a knobby tire little 196cc TW

As we left Marquette in the morning, we appeared to "Luck Out" again weather~wise...sunny and light winds, which, at least with the low wind is the way you want to cross this bridge, especially on a MC....meanwhile as we waited to cross over...Ol Blue had hit the 3000 mile marker{the photo show the miles when I left Celina at home}...not bad for 16 months, with most of those coming in the last 5 months...

Great Lakes Run 069.JPGAttachment 196044mackinac steel grating.jpg

While Borneo and Montezuma lucked out and got into the right lane...Hoot got the shaft and got stuck beside a couple of 18 wheel types and had to ride the entire length on the Steel Grated Left Lane....talk about Teeth and Filling Rattling... But we all made it safe and somewhat sound....and headed south for the last legs of the trip...

Part #6 Heading South down the Lower Portion of Michigan...
    Purple likes this.

Hidden Content

Part #6...the slow but enjoyable ride back to Borneo World

A couple of motels and some backwood riding, fair to good eating and plenty {at least for Hoot} beers....we took our time riding south towards Borneo's Farm and Ranch....the scenery wasn't as great and I was about Photo Taking Out....but trust me, we did see some good sights on the way home...Attachment 196050Attachment 196052Attachment 196054Attachment 196056

We busted the last 300 miles in one day, having planned on stopping, we decided to heck with that and ended up at the Borneo Palace and Barn in time for his Mrs to fix us supper and for the 3 Amigos to down a couple of brewsAttachment 196058

Montezuma and I would spend the night and head out after breakfast the next morning....a long but enjoyable ride...different than Moab or West Virginia, and of course Big Bend....but one of the main adventures we were to have in a short 12 month run between March of 2015 and the same month in 2016....these in all made the purchase of the TW back in 2014 all worth it...than and meeting good people from the forum along the way...

Hidden Content

I'm Not sure what the heck happened to the photos in part #6 but here is a rehash of those...I think

Upper Great Lakes Adventure 3c.jpgDay 1 resized 2.jpgGreat Lakes Run 074.JPGGreat Lakes Run 013.JPG

And Back a Borneo's

Upper Great Lakes Adventure final.jpg

I will revisit the West Virginia Ride with the same 3 Amigos around Halloween …

Hidden Content

This is why I have not decided to give up the TW....even though I have reached 70, I still believe in my heart that I may have another good season or two of adventure riding left in me...but that will likely have to wait until age 71 come next March...as I said, "Time Will Tell"
    Purple likes this.

Hidden Content

So hang on a minute here

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    [B] enjoyed the pool and hot tub....
    You’re riding with a bunch of miscreants, packing “budgie smugglers” ? ......
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    So hang on a minute here

You’re riding with a bunch of miscreants, packing “budgie smugglers” ? ......
    So you're saying only "Bone Smugglers" enjoy hot tubs after a long day of Dual Sport Riding...?

Hot Tub Fruit Cakes.jpg
    Purple likes this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links