Challis Ride - Land of the Yankee Fork
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Challis Ride - Land of the Yankee Fork

Challis Ride - Land of the Yankee Fork

Day 1.Challis 1 Trail 153 Fanny Hole to Buster Lake

Start our first ride of the first day riding Fanny Hole ATV trail from near camp over a ridge and back down to Buster Lake. Fun warm-up for sure.

Off we go

Tire pressure adjustments. Gotta keep low tire pressures.

Scoob taking a break. I did too!

Views are fantastic

Buster Lake. Nice place for a remote tent camp. Easy to get too also. Not suited for a big camper.

Up next, Buster Lake to Bayhorse Lakes via Trealor Creek Trail
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Beautiful country!
    Fanny Hole to Buster Lake....there's a joke there somewhere lol!
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    Beautiful country!
    Fanny Hole to Buster Lake....there's a joke there somewhere lol!
    Yeah, I thought of that too. I believe the trail was named after Fanny Clark who ran a stage/freight wagon station very close by. In geographic terms, this station was down in a hole between ridges. But yeah, Fanny's Hole does lend itself to other possible explanations bwahaha!
    Donzo likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

For a group ride that didn't look nearly as dusty as I had feared. Very nice. Abundant trail identification signs and wooden bridges are a lot better than the more than half a dozen fresh road closures I saw enacted in last two weeks. Here rather than build a bridge for off-roaders they are now simply closing the trail to stop any creek crossings and damage to watercourses.
    admiral, Allanb and Hoot Gibson like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Scoob has a Duro ATV tire out back now? What are your impressions compared to the Cerros or stock rubber?
    admiral likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    For a group ride t
    hat didn't look nearly as dusty as I had feared. Very nice. Abundant trail identification signs and wooden bridges are a lot better than the more than half a dozen fresh road closures I saw enacted in last two weeks. Here rather than build a bridge for off-roaders they are now simply closing the trail to stop any creek crossings and damage to watercourses.
    Oh, we went through plenty of creeks without bridges. ejfranz mentioned that in B.C. they don't allow riding through creeks without bridges either. One day it will be that way all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Scoob has a Duro ATV tire out back now? What are your impressions compared to the Cerros or stock rubber?
    Overall, I do like the Duro.

I was only able to ride Scoob 1 day with the Duro because I'm still blowing oil so I'm still getting used to the Duro. It was much much better than the stock tire and the tire I have on the XT200 bounced me all over the rocky trails. The Duro didn't seem to grab like the Duro in the loose rocks. All other conditions it was great. I think the Cerros does better in the loose rocks but I don't want to judge too early because this was my first and only ride with it so far.

While Scoob's getting more engine work done I'm gonna put the Duro on Blue Bunny to get more riding time with the Duro.
    ejfranz and Allanb like this.

Feel free to swap out the motor on the Bee if that gets you out again - no worries here .....
    littletommy, admiral and Allanb like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Feel free to swap out the motor on the Bee if that gets you out again - no worries here .....
    But I get a lot of cool looks when I ride the Bee down to the market in downtown Crouch, Idaho! I can't do that to the Bee!

I'm gonna try and do a quick hone/new piston/rings with Scoob. If that doesn't work I'll send it to the machine shop and go the next size piston up. Sometimes ya gotta let the professionals do their thing.

If the home hone job doesn't work I may temporarily swap the 2014 Blue Bunny engine while Scoobs is out of town getting re-bored but that's still a big maybe. Scoob has the suspension setup I like off-road which the others don't have which is the only reason I'm contemplating a temp swap at all.

I do have Squirrel XT200 and getting eeyore the XT350 road worthy so hopefully engine swapping doesn't have to happen.
    Allanb likes this.

I think Admiral needs some more obscure Yamaha dual purpose machines....something in a DT200 perhaps?dt200.jpg
    I sure was mighty impressed riding ejfranz's DT200 at the HouseWarming Event.
    ejfranz, Ken and Ride Now like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Funnily enough - I was looking at a DT400 earlier today ....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links