Washington - Naches Ride
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Washington - Naches Ride

Washington - Naches Ride

This post is to discuss and plan a ride for folks interested in doing a camp/ride in Easter Mt Rainier National Park and/or Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.

Please let me know if you’re interested, and when you’d be able to make it. If there’s enough interest by folks to do this annually, I don’t mind doing the planning and securing campgrounds for the event. Maybe this could become the week I take off in the summertime for fun stuff 🙂

Also, for those more familiar with the area, please feel free to mention your favorite routes/roads/trails in the area.

I’ll try to get a good count and see what kinds of camping areas would be available, if you’d prefer to have your own camping area at the end of the day, just let me know and I’ll do some research and see if we can find something that accommodates everyone without being spread out all over gods green earth.

I’ve never planned one of these before, so if anyone has advice or would like to take the lead, I’m flexible 🙂
    plumbstraight and Allanb like this.

I could be interested in this, bring my 4x4 rig out with the tdub in the back.

I'm booked up for a few weekend with family obligations and my brewery anniversary party. Oh and I still need to order my extended front brake line for the tdub. Hmmm maybe Mid September? Newish to offroad riding so hopefully I'd be able to keep up with folks.

I generally prefer dispersed camping, but if we had a small group that could secure a spot that doesn't have a bunch of drunk college students or screaming children, I'd be into that.
    plumbstraight and Allanb like this.
    2016 TW. "Jolene"
    Extended clutch, brake, throttle lines. 2"Bar riser, Pro Taper ATV High bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny06 View Post
    I could be interested in this, bring my 4x4 rig out with the tdub in the back.

I'm booked up for a few weekend with family obligations and my brewery anniversary party. Oh and I still need to order my extended front brake line for the tdub. Hmmm maybe Mid September? Newish to offroad riding so hopefully I'd be able to keep up with folks.

I generally prefer dispersed camping, but if we had a small group that could secure a spot that doesn't have a bunch of drunk college students or screaming children, I'd be into that.
    First... cant be any worse at off road than me. Just the other weekend I showed the forum my newfound expertise in cranial-polymer regenerative braking.

Second, I agree, I was thinking a larger campsite for those who want to circle wagons, have a main camp area for people to meet up and have a drink or meal. And then people can have their own campsites in areas down the road (plenty of places like that in the area).

I could definitely swing a three day in September. Maybe just pencil in a weekend? 6th... 13th? (make things interesting!).
    plumbstraight and Skinny06 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That works for me. I will be heading out for MO the last week of Sept. Mid month sounds great after labor day things will quiet down.

This could be one of those Do Something Even If It’s Wrong events. This may be happening about the same time I was thinking about Chasing Bigfoot in the WNF north of Oakridge but I’m interested. I’m trying to make time to test out my hitch carrier and just when I can get time off will dictate what direction I go and what bike to take. But this sounds like it could be good times.

The last couple weeks in October are possible for me , if the snow isn't flying yet. Otherwise, pick a date next year, and I'll put it on the calendar!

Just from reading about the campgrounds in the area, it said any campground reservations are released after the first week in September, and I can’t reserve anything after that. Does that also mean the campsites in the area are closed? Anyone from the area know? Trying to find more info.

This might be a good season opener for next year. Maybe us Washingtonians should just try to get together for a day ride instead. And pick a day for this one next season.
    Skinny06 likes this.

I am wondering if the new washington insurance laws also hit on quads and sxs's. If so things are going to get very expensive to go play.

Quote Originally Posted by TWBigBlake View Post
    Just from reading about the campgrounds in the area, it said any campground reservations are released after the first week in September, and I can’t reserve anything after that. Does that also mean the campsites in the area are closed? Anyone from the area know? Trying to find more info.

This might be a good season opener for next year. Maybe us Washingtonians should just try to get together for a day ride instead. And pick a day for this one next season.
    I think you might be right. I never use actual campsites so I've no idea on that front.

I am interested to see how fast autumn/winter comes this year. It's been an oddly mild summer, I hope it lasts a bit longer. But we will be losing the light soon, so I kinda doubt it.
    2016 TW. "Jolene"
    Extended clutch, brake, throttle lines. 2"Bar riser, Pro Taper ATV High bars.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    I am wondering if the new washington insurance laws also hit on quads and sxs's. If so things are going to get very expensive to go play.
    So far I’ve only heard about motorcycles, and only the ones that are registered for road use. But I haven’t done any reading on the new law because I just went ahead and insured it when I bought it.

I’ll take a gander at the new rules and report back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links