• 9 Post By TW_in_BC
  • 1 Post By FIRE UP
  • 1 Post By Peterb
  • 2 Post By TW_in_BC
  • 1 Post By Peterb
  • 1 Post By TW_in_BC

Thread: Just a little "test drive"...

Just a little "test drive"...

After swapping out the FMF for the Stock exhaust, I thought I'd take her for a nice long run and see how she works...

My "go-to" route for anything of this nature, is the Elk Mountain/River Valley run.
    At this point, I'm on the Forestry road I think it's called the Elk Bench rd...

IMG_0632_pano.JPG

It's just your basic, ordinary logging road but every now and then, you get a view or two...

IMG_0636_pano.JPG

I'm at a place that I've affectionately called "my backyard"...on this side of the valley, there's dozens of roads and trails to meander or explore. On the other side...same thing

IMG_0644_pano.JPG

I backtrack slightly and head down "Army Road" which leads me down into the Chilliwack River Valley.
    TW poses for me...

IMG_0648_pano.JPG

Once we reach the CRV, I head for the Tamihi area, intending on following the Liumchen Forestry road to the Tourist mecca of Cultus Lake.
    On the way there, I take a short detour to visit the Right Nuts Warming Hut.

IMG_0655_pano.JPG

"Built by Nuts, for all to enjoy"

IMG_0657.JPG

Even the benches have their moniker...

IMG_0656.JPG

Once done visiting, I return to the Liumchen FSR and head towards Cultus Lake...but instead of dealing with hordes of tourons, I take a shortcut, past the Sweltzer Creek campground.

IMG_0660_pano.JPG

Sweltzer Creek is for those who weren't quick enough to reserve a site at the Lake....or maybe this is crazy genius of them...who knows?

From here, I cross the barricaded Sweltzer Creek bridge and take the slab home.
    TW runs just fine...total distance covered = 34 miles.
    Purple, GOF, jtomelliott49 and 6 others like this.
    2008 TW200
    Southwest corner of BC Canada

YouTube channel: Hidden Content

Pretty country!

Man,
    That's my best kind-a TW riding. I really like those forest type roads and trails. At my age, I don't need to be challenged every inch of off roading. Been there, done that way too many times.
    Scott
    Ken likes this.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I created a new seat for my TW. Higher with less slope and a gel type foam. The next day I threw my camping gear on and went for a test ride. 978 KMs in one day. Needless to say I like the seat.
    978 km day.jpgG0061230.JPG
    FIRE UP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    I created a new seat for my TW. Higher with less slope and a gel type foam. The next day I threw my camping gear on and went for a test ride. 978 KMs in one day. Needless to say I like the seat.
    Would love to see a picture of this and/or a write up of how you accomplished it.
    Darth and FIRE UP like this.
    2008 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    978 km day.jpgG0061230.JPG
    If you wouldn't mind, I'd sure like to see the specs on what gel/foam/material you used. I've got a tad bit of upholstery work my background so, I'd sure like to also "create" a seat that would be more comfortable than the brick the TW came with.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

I actually used a 1" thick kneeling pad. I started at the low point and cut rearward on a level plane till I hit a 1" depth with my electric turkey carving knife then inserted the piece of kneeling pad so the seat would be level and higher at the lowest point. Then I leveled the front of the kneeling pad, tidyed it up and covered it with some thin foam to make it smooth. My vinyl install is not perfect but I prefer to do it in one piece to keep the water out. The naked pic is not finished but should give you an idea of how I did it. The comparison pic is of my lo and high seats. Both have seat pans modified to fit my XT350 tank.
    009.jpg181.jpg187.jpg
    Last edited by Peterb; 09-01-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    Ken likes this.

Well done...I'm a little nervous about cutting anything off, for fear that I would ruin it completely.
    I remember looking at the SweetCheeks pad/seat improvement a few years ago thinking "hey...I could make that!" but of course, I never got a round tuit...
    Peterb likes this.
    2008 TW200

"Well done...I'm a little nervous about cutting anything off, for fear that I would ruin it completely.
    I remember looking at the SweetCheeks pad/seat improvement a few years ago thinking "hey...I could make that!" but of course, I never got a round tuit..."

If you wreck your stock seat you could always go the Seat Concepts route if you have a stock tank.

Sponosred Links