Pine Barrens Ride & MotoAmerica Cup
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By stagewex

Thread: Pine Barrens Ride & MotoAmerica Cup

Pine Barrens Ride & MotoAmerica Cup

PB500 is cancelled this year. Quickly got together without really realizing it (hey do you want to ride?) the same crew/team that rode together last year for a day in The Pines on Sunday with the addition of... after off-road riding, heading 30 miles over to Millville, NJ to the NJ MotorSport Track and this years MotoAmerica Superbike Cup.

And that's what happened.

Breakfast at 7:30am and into the woods before 9:00am, picked-up 2 additional CRF250L riders for a group of 7.
    Me on my ancient XT250L (that everyone makes fun of because it's kick-only), Jersey Jeeper (JJ/Scott) on a TE300 Husky Weapon, Top Predator (Rick) on his TW200, Chris on a XT225 and Robert, also on an XT255.

With JJ navigating and leading it was a fast paced ride. Covered 70 miles in 5 hours including a short break at a roadside hot dog stand that was excellent. Fantastic weather and while a bit more sand than I prefer (I dropped 2 times going too slow & crashed 1 time going to fast on a patch of mud). Still... an incredibly fun and fast way to use these bikes the way they should be.

Headed over to the Track and caught the last couple races making this the type of motorcycle day folks can only dream of, best of all worlds. I can see it being an "Annual Event" for us to get together though maybe the whole weekend & camping, not just the day.
    We packed a lot of activity into 8-9 hours!

Here's a 3.5 minute video of the ride and then mostly the final big bike race. Bad accident in the first Lap of the Stock 1000.
    From my own little crash in the woods, my shoulder & leg certainly did not feel as bad after watching that happen. Thank God both riders were able to stand and limp over to the ambulances.

Andrew Lee the reigning Champ won on a Kawasaki. If you follow this race circuit the last and final race of the 2019 season is in 2 weeks at Barber Motosport Park in Alabama. That's where all the points for the season will be tallied. Such great talented riders, fearless. And this particular track... you are so frigg'in close you can smell the clutch and rubber burning as they fly by.
    Enjoy:

Darth and TW-Brian like this.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Oh, thought you'd enjoy seeing some of the fuel blends available at the track if you wanted to spend $9.00-$10.00 on a gallon of gas.
    "Leaded" of course, HaHa:

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3501.JPG
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Sponosred Links