Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RockyTFS
  • 1 Post By Leisure Time Larry
  • 1 Post By dmit

Thread: GPS GPX files

GPS GPX files

Hi everyone,

I am looking for Garmin/GPS GPX files for trails in Moab.
    So my question is where do you go to find trustworthy GPX files?
    Are there certain websites that you commonly use?

I didn't find any threads on this specifically, please direct me if I missed it.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Liv2pla View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for Garmin/GPS GPX files for trails in Moab.
    So my question is where do you go to find trustworthy GPX files?
    Are there certain websites that you commonly use?

I didn't find any threads on this specifically, please direct me if I missed it.

Thanks in advance.
    PM me your email address and I'll send you my Moab GPX Files.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

There is also a map layer of many of the trails that I use. If you PM your email address, I can send it to you.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There's a website called "Trail damage" that has hundreds of GPS tracks, for Utah and Colorado.
    It used to be free but I think they have started to charge now.
    But I have found the trail descriptions helpful.
    And the gps tracks are accurate.
    The name of the website is not the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by bad luck View Post
    There's a website called "Trail damage" that has hundreds of GPS tracks, for Utah and Colorado.
    It used to be free but I think they have started to charge now.
    But I have found the trail descriptions helpful.
    And the gps tracks are accurate.
    The name of the website is not the best though.
    Thanks bad luck, I will look at that website.

I should mention that the trails I sent were vetted for solo riding.....some of Admiral's and Ejfranz's are not included!
    ejfranz likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Are you a planner? Me, I'm a planner, and as such, I recommend a couple of purchases from commercial sources. Sure, a lot of us have been to Moab and have tracks we can provide free of charge. However, you'll also get our wrong turns and dead ends, etc.

To best equip a planner for a trip to Moab, I recommend a couple of purchases...

1. FunTreks - Moab package deal (https://funtreks.com/product/moab-package-deal/)
    2. National Geographic Moab Map Pack Bundle (https://amzn.to/2m93O77)

For our first group get together in Moab back in 2015, I bought the 2nd edition of the guidebook. It is a great resource for trails all around Moab. It shows points of interest and where those great picture taking spots are. Now, with the 3rd edition, they've revisited the trails. Not only have they updated the book making changes and adding a lot more trails, but now they offer GPS tracks. It is a great way to go because these tracks include the waypoints the match in the book, so you know where to turn and can find those good spots. The tracks come on a microSD card, so you can pop it right in your GPS unit, or you can import them into your computer. Also, of note, the book is written for the 4x4 crowd, so although I find the difficulty ratings mostly applicable, some of them are easier or harder on bike, and you have to keep that in mind. That is where the experience of this forum will let you know for sure.

The Nat Geo maps are good to have and stuff in a bag when out and about to help you find your way around. Good luck, Moab is AWESOME!!!
    littletommy likes this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Larry, I found the Nat Geo maps good for planning where I want to go, but I was disapointed in that the trail names are different on the map then what is labeled on some of the trial signs.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I have used this map on many moab trips and it seems to be fairly accurate
    I don't have enough posts to post links so go to gpsfiledepot and look in usa Utah and find moab trails 2014
    goldenhtr likes this.

Sponosred Links