Six Day Sierra Group Ride - Page 9
Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: Six Day Sierra Group Ride

What a nice gesture but doubt I could take anyone up on that. A commercial rental would be the way to go. "IF" something went wrong, could save money and a lot of heartache in the long run. Not to mention the guilt and grief one would feel on the way back east if catching a flight on time meant leaving someone else's bike in disarray.

Something for closer friends who are also proximity friends

Thanks very much just the same, Marty
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Maybe some of us with spare bikes could "rent" them out to those who want to fly out but can't figure out how to fit their TWs into their luggage.
    Plumbstraight supplied a bike to LUVNOT who flew out from east coast to the San Rafael Swell gathering. I took both of my TWs to Moab last year to have a spare for me or as a loaner for someone's else's malfunctioning TW.
    There is a certain amount of trust and liability involved, but for those of us who are trusted friends & have previous riding experience together this has not been a big issue.
    Otherwise at Moab other trail motorcycles can be commercially rented, just bring money.
    Now there is a great idea Fred. To fly out and rent one of your bikes would be a much, much better option than hauling my own bike out there. Man that would be outstanding! It certainly would speed up my time table. I'm down with that.
    - Maury👍

The fly-n-ride idea does entail other significant logistical considerations such as food and accommodations as well as transportation from airport. LuvNot rented a SUV in Salt Lake. Living out of a tent for a week can be taxing, all depends on one's attitude but it is an affordable option. Cabin rentals, hook-ups as well as showers, were had at nearby ArchView Campground as well as in Moab proper in years past.
    I typically would get a $10 shower whenever it seemed folks were reluctant to stand down wind from me.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The fly-n-ride idea does entail other significant logistical considerations such as food and accommodations as well as transportation from airport. LuvNot rented a SUV in Salt Lake. Living out of a tent for a week can be taxing, all depends on one's attitude but it is an affordable option. Cabin rentals, hook-ups as well as showers, were had at nearby ArchView Campground as well as in Moab proper in years past.
    I typically would get a $10 shower whenever it seemed folks were reluctant to stand down wind from me.
    Whatever works Fred. I have no problem camping for a week, especially if it is not freezing, and a daily $10 shower can maintain friendships worth more than money lol. I have a tent, or preferably, my hammock, underquilt, & tarp if there are trees, and a hotel some nights if that's what the group does. A rental car, rental bike, and food and drink are no problemo.
    Cheers - Maury👍

Bought a front wheel rim lock and installed it today. The trails and roads were steep on this ride and my front wheel kept slipping on the rim pulling the tube. I straightened the valve stem once while there and by the time I got home it needed to be realigned. Hopefully the rim lock works.
    What I miss the most about the TW is it’s compression braking. Fred seemed to rarely touch his rear brake, but his bike was backfiring like crazy. I had to give him space just in case I could not keep it under control.
    admiral likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Now where where we?
    Oh yeah! Time for a Saturday, Day 5 video.
    With Mrs. Admiral and Bananachunks the five of us splash our way exploring some of the numerous roads around the 9000 ft level then drop down and ride the Bircham Flat road around 7000 ft with a lunch break on a bluff with the Walker River far below. Did a little spirited exploring but mostly a mellow day cruising varied terrains.
    Last edited by Fred; 11-09-2019 at 01:52 AM.
    ejfranz and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Tire cleaning day, haha. Those fall colors are sure something to see. Guess the cooler weather helped in that department a little. More great riding for sure.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Cleanliness is next to trail worthyness. Rinse and repeat seems a Sweetwater tradition.Sweetwater at 4.15.40 PM.png

Fall colors were a bit better last October, but then it also snowed.fall aspens.jpg

Colorful indeed .
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2389.jpg
    For the last ride we go into the Marine Mountain Warfare Center beneath the clouds at lower photo left then head towards the setting sun in photo. Later we follow Bananachunks route back to San Francisco over Sonora Pass behind those clouds. Bet he had a nice ride over the mountains on Honda without us Yamahas slowing him down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Cleanliness is next to trail worthyness. Rinse and repeat seems a Sweetwater tradition.Sweetwater at 4.15.40 PM.png

Fall colors were a bit better last October, but then it also snowed.fall aspens.jpg

Colorful indeed .
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2389.jpg
    For the last ride we go into the Marine Mountain Warfare Center beneath the clouds at lower photo left then head towards the setting sun in photo. Later we follow Bananachunks route back to San Francisco over Sonora Pass behind those clouds. Bet he had a nice ride over the mountains on Honda without us Yamahas slowing him down.
    Awesome as per usual Fred!
    Cheers - Maury👍

Now where where we?
    Oh yeah! Time for a Saturday, Day 5 video.
    With Mrs. Admiral and Bananachunks the five of us splash our way exploring some of the numerous roads around the 9000 ft level then drop down and ride the Bircham Flat road around 7000 ft with a lunch break on a bluff with the Walker River far below. Did a little spirited exploring but mostly a mellow day cruising varied terrains.
    Fun!👍

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Sponosred Links