Moab 2020 ish
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Moab 2020 ish

Moab 2020 ish

I said I wasn't doing Moab 2020 so here's the plan.

Moab 2020 April 20th to whenever (about the 30th of April). I know, whenever has an end date in reality.

My plan is to ride the 10 mile wash, Mary's Trail, Cow Trails (tubes) or whatever starting the 20th for a few days. This is more of a harder adventure trail excursion. Then I plan to migrate south of Moab to the Behind the Rocks area and hope to ride the easier sections of Behind the Rocks, Kane Creek (hopefully), Lockhart Basin and make it an overnight ride, just to name a few.

Wife Admiral is planning on flying into Grand Junction around the 30th of April (she'll correct me if I got the date wrong, which I usually do) and we're gonna split Moab for some other riding destinations of yet we haven't decided. Just thought I'd throw this out there for those wishing, hoping, planning on riding in Moab with the AWESOME TW GROUP we've had in the past.

As is in the past, this is a self sustaining (bring your own booze and I guess food too) and a camping/motel plans. I'll be roughing it in the TWcrafthauler, which means no tent, no ground, no motel.
    ejfranz, grewen, Purple and 8 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Yah! I should be able to make this.
    Back from Baja at the end of March.
    Daughter gets married on April 10.
    Should be able to head south for another adventure in Utah.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I also said I wasn't doing Moab 2020, so the plan sounds good.
    "As is in the past, this ... be...booze and... roughing it, ... which means no tent, no ground, no motel" -no problem.

Love dropping down to the rivers so Hey Joe Canyon is on my list plus a few challenging others.
    However Moab's crowds can affect my overall enjoyment after a bit. So I may wander off to sample some other destinations a little less over-run. Lots of other stuff to the west like The Maze District, Burr Trail, Swingarm City, Cathedral Valley. East of the Colorado River the Needles District and a Monument Valley ride would be memorable.
    So I will see if I can resist the temptation or once again fall for a week of Moab's enticing slickrock.
    Maybe I could crash Admiral's pre-party and surf The Tubes with him.

Looks like parts of Dead Cow could result in Dead Fred though.
    Last edited by Fred; 11-07-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    admiral, ejfranz, Purple and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I said I wasn't doing Moab 2020 also, so the plan sounds good.
    As is in the past, this is a self sustaining (bring your own booze and I guess food too) and a camping/motel plans. I'll be roughing it in the TWcrafthauler, which means no tent, no ground, no motel" -no problem.

Love dropping down to the rivers so Hey Joe Canyon is on my list plus a few challenging others.
    However Moab's crowds can affect my overall enjoyment after a bit. So I may wander off to sample some other destinations a little less over-run. Lots of other stuff to the west like The Maze District, Burr Trail, Swingarm City, Cathedral Valley. East of the Colorado River the Needles District and a Monument Valley ride would be memorable.
    So I will see if I can resist the temptation or once again fall for a week of Moab's enticing slickrock.
    We'll be riding places we TW'rers have never seen before.You other destinations are also on our list but after Mrs. Admiral has landed.
    ejfranz, Purple and Sthrnromr like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I’ll join you in crashing Admiral’s pre-party. Would love to ride some new places.
    Last edited by ejfranz; 11-08-2019 at 08:40 AM.
    Purple and admiral like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Putting this in my go-to list for spring. I would like to spend a few days in Moab with TW’s. Every April I am there with my Jeep. Will be a fun change.
    Purple, ejfranz and admiral like this.

Admiral--our paths should finally cross for Moab 2020.
    Some in our Group want to do some more challenging rides.
    I will send you a PM on ADVRider and share my email address.
    Imu
    Purple, admiral and ejfranz like this.

Needles District has some great riding and a lot less people! Here's our camp at the Needles Outpost Campground last May. I'll be out there again in early March and maybe Moab if it's not full of tourist.

Needles Camp-0000687.JPG
    admiral, Ken and PlacerLode like this.
    2017 TW200, 2012 Ducati Multistrada, 2006 Polaris Hawkeye

Awesome. I'm a Florida/Georgia flat-lander. I've never seen such stuff. Amazing.
    admiral likes this.
    2017 TW200
    Shrinko SR241 front tire
    Seat Concepts seat
    DID XV428 xring chain
    JT sprockets - 47T rear
    WPS Lithium battery
    IMS Super Stock footpegs
    Small rear luggage rack
    Removed front fork side reflectors
    Removed passenger foot pegs and mounts
    Removed some decals
    Modified license tag mount
    White front fender
    White headlight cowl
    D-FLEX handguards
    LED headlight - soon

Quote Originally Posted by sibyrnes View Post
    Needles District has some great riding and a lot less people! Here's our camp at the Needles Outpost Campground last May. I'll be out there again in early March and maybe Moab if it's not full of tourist.

Needles Camp-0000687.JPG
    Looks like a fun place. Mrs. Admiral and I might try it out after Moab. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links