UTAH Trip
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTAH Trip

Thanks to all who have provided information about St. George and Moab Adventure Riding. We are leaving Saturday morning and should get to the St.George area Sunday afternoon. We are going to hang around this part of Utah for about a week and ride some of the areas that B-Dub and Red Rock Rider recommended. We will be staying in the back country as we have self-contained rigs.

We will be heading to Moab the week after. I expect that we will be camping off highway #313. There is a big jeep get together that first week so that might be interesting to see all the goings on. I bought a book titled”ATV Trails Guide MOAB, UT” that was recommended by forum members and in it are more trails than we can do in the allotted time we have.

My riding partner has to head back to Idaho the 1st of April but 2 guys from Indiana have said they are coming out for a week then so I can hook up with them for the week they are out here and have more Adventures.

If any others are going to be in the area, and want to hook up, let me know. I would happy for more folks on this big Adventure. All who are scheduled to meet are TW200 riders but we will ride with any back country riders.

Happy Trails All

[email protected]

Ron in Boise
    [/b]

Have fun Ron. I wish I was retired!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Have fun, and post pictures when you get back.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ron the wait is killing me! The tdub and i are ready to go now! The latitude 40 maps came in the other day. I got the east and west moab maps and they are really detailed with all the trails, elevations etc. If all goes well we should be there around 3-6pm on the 31 "Easter".

Moab is an awesome place. I've been there twice. Would love to take my Tdub when I go back next year. Here are some shots from previous trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Small's View Post
    Ron the wait is killing me! The tdub and i are ready to go now! The latitude 40 maps came in the other day. I got the east and west moab maps and they are really detailed with all the trails, elevations etc. If all goes well we should be there around 3-6pm on the 31 "Easter".

Hey George;

I suspect we will be camping off 313 when you get there. I will call ya when I think you are on the road.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

Ron, glad you got the book, its very helpful.

Try to get a schedule for the trails being ran during Easter Jeep Safari. The Red Rock 4x4 club closes certain trails every day for that event. This schedule might help you plan your trip and avoid a trail closure.

Actually, I think their website has the info: http://www.rr4w.com/

Have a blast! I can't wait to get back to MOAB!

Bikes are great in Moab! They are much easier to take through trails than 4x4's. Here's my Samurai on a sketchy obstacle called "No Left Turn" on the Rusty Nail Trail.

And here is how easy a T-dub can skate through it!

~Davey

'89 TW200

'94 Suzuki Sidekick

Rusty Nail is a fun trail. I ran the other way than you did. No Left Turn was a fun obstacle. I would love to have my Tdub there sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Rusty Nail is a fun trail. I ran the other way than you did. No Left Turn was a fun obstacle. I would love to have my Tdub there sometime in the future.

Yes, Rusty Nail is way fun! We ran both directions that day. Going the other way was a little easier than coming back... The other obstacle near this one is called Riff Raff I believe. That was a little challenging on the bikes. We were walking them down, hopping boulder to boulder. Still, it was awesome. I think T-dubs are fantastic bike to have in Moab.
    ~Davey

'89 TW200

'94 Suzuki Sidekick

I am so jealous . . .

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links