Allegheny national forest PA (MAY 24th thru 27th)
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Me and a few friends are in the beginning stages of putting together a ride/camping trip to allegeny national forest. maybe a 3 or 4 day trip total, Friday thru Monday or something along those lines, I know there are a couple of members who live out that way,and may want to join us or make some recommendations.

We want to do some exploreing around so a mix of street and trail riding at a relaxed pace is what we prefer. no wild parties just good story telling and a relaxing ride. We all have TW's not to say you cant bring what ever you like to ride. If anybody is interested in showing us around we will returned the favor by hosting a trip to 1 of our favorite areas around the mountains of ashland pa at any time. I am throwing a date of may 24th 2013 that following monday is memorial day. anybody interested contact me thanks.

Man I'd love to go but the Misses isn't to keen on me taking more time off work this spring (3 Days for my MSR and the annual Guys 4-Wheeler weekend) I'd love to see some pics and a ride report as I'm only 3 hours away.

Have Fun!

Ryan
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

Will do, some other time. I`ll post plenty of pics

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If I can find free time, I might be up for it.

Bout a 6 hour drive for me from here, but I used to camp all over the ANF when I lived a bit closer.

One of my fav places to camp.

Minister Creek is my go to car camping spot.

Keep me in the loop on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by imxlr8tin View Post
    Me and a few friends are in the beginning stages of putting together a ride/camping trip to allegeny national forest. maybe a 3 or 4 day trip total, Friday thru Monday or something along those lines, I know there are a couple of members who live out that way,and may want to join us or make some recommendations.

We want to do some exploreing around so a mix of street and trail riding at a relaxed pace is what we prefer. no wild parties just good story telling and a relaxing ride. We all have TW's not to say you cant bring what ever you like to ride. If anybody is interested in showing us around we will returned the favor by hosting a trip to 1 of our favorite areas around the mountains of ashland pa at any time. I am throwing a date of may 24th 2013 that following monday is memorial day. anybody interested contact me thanks.
    Hi,

I live on the edge of the Forest in Venango County. I'm not sure what my time will be like then. I don't know what kind of research you have done, or what you know-but I highly recommend a night of camping of off the ATV trail. The trail system there is spectacular. But don't forget to stop and get a sticker for the trail-they are VERY serious about that and will ticket you. I buy a season pass for 35 dollars a year-the day rate is 10 dollars a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverhawk~ View Post
    Hi,

I live on the edge of the Forest in Venango County. I'm not sure what my time will be like then. I don't know what kind of research you have done, or what you know-but I highly recommend a night of camping of off the ATV trail. The trail system there is spectacular. But don't forget to stop and get a sticker for the trail-they are VERY serious about that and will ticket you. I buy a season pass for 35 dollars a year-the day rate is 10 dollars a day.
    Thanks for the info, I may want to get some more info from ya later.

my brother and i might be up there as well that weekend but not 100% sure yet

second link has a map of the trail

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/alleg...ea/?recid=6124

second link has a map of the trail

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5107580.pdf

also... make sure you dont go off the trails unless its a road if your caught making your own trails through the woods they will fine you as well and possibly impound your bike.

Thanks for the maps, we keep to the marked trails, Hope to see you guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by imxlr8tin View Post

I was able to get off work that Friday so I'm in... PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsclues View Post
    I was able to get off work that Friday so I'm in... PM sent.
    saweeet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links