Ridin' with Rocky, and Family Tiddie Sprgs II
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In early March the wife and I did an overnight camp trip and riding in the Tiddie Springs area of the Owyhee Mtns. north of Silver City (which is still snowed in). We knew we wanted to come back to do more exploring of the area before it gets too hot and infested with Rattle Snakes (according to my wife's fears), so we chose later in the month. This was our previous ride in Tiddie Springs March 2013.

With some discussions of our previous ride in the area, and our desire to go back, we decided to meet with a couple of other forum members on this trip; Rocky and heduke.

Prelude to day 1. Because of a comment Rocky made in my Upcoming TS II thread, "Can't wait to see Laurie go through the BIG puddle on Kane Sprgs Rd.... " I lead off with it and get you laughing.

My wife at the Kane Springs mud puddle

Before

During

and After

I about fell off my TW laughing. She got soaked, but was a great sport about it. She hates deep water, but loves mud puddles

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mAFqTXL6Y[/media]

Ok, now that I fully embarrassed by wife, I'll move on. (Just for the record, if it would have been me, I would have posted the photo's and video's also) I'm pretty sure I would

Here's a shot of the tracks we rode for the 2 days

We arrived later on Thursday night than we wanted, but when we got there, Rocky was all setup (photo actually taken after day 1 ride, but included it here for the story)

Our little spot in the sagebrush

Never met Rocky before, so we made our introductions, talked for a while, they we all went to sleep for the night ready to go riding the next day

Day 1, the riding begins

View heading south on Tiddie Springs road. Can't beat this early season weather

Rocky all geared up

More to come
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Day 1 continued

We arrived at Tiddie Springs for a snack

After Tiddie Springs, we headed west up to the ridge through some left over winter snow and snow run off mud. On top of the ridge Rocky flagged down

some other riders to get a road condition report of what the roads were like up ahead (Black Mtn Rd). I didn't take any photo's while on Black Mtn rd, but

did get some video, which I'll post later of our whole ride.

Stopped back at camp for a quick stop half way through the day

After lunch we headed back out on the ride. Rocky mentioned going on a quick side trip up to a mine. The mine wasn't much but a couple of small digs

in the hillside, but it had great views

We will all head to the Joyce Livestock Co. cabin on this road tomorrow. For today, Rocky decides to head back to camp while me and the wife decide

to continue riding

Wife and I continue on the days ride and decide to grab a few geocaches in the area that we skipped from our previous ride

George keeping a lookout for us at the first cache

Can you spot the thing with 2 ears??

Wife hiding something? Can never get to far from civilization, she hiding her cell phone from me at the first cache. Trying to check her txts. Bad Girl!

And a quick shot of our second geocache we found before heading back to camp for the evening

More to come
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Day 1 Continued

Earlier in the day my wife had mentioned something to Rocky about riding out here and finding some kind of grave or something.

After dinner, the wife and I decided to walk around camp when low and behold, we find a grave. Albeit a family pet. Still a grave!

Day 2

Well, we were suppose to meet up with heyduke and my oldest daughter today. We kind of expected heyduke the day before, but weren't real sure.

Rocky was able to make some kind of cell contact with heyduke and he was in an area about 12 miles away. So we headed in the direct of Kane Springs

where we eventually met up with him. My daughter was suppose to be at camp around 11:00 a.m., but was a no show when we got there. She showed up

around 1:30 p.m.

So, with the gang all rounded up, we head towards the Joyce Livestock Co cabin. Here we all are at the top of the summit of the road I mentioned in day 1,

south of the mine

Great view of the Owyhee Mtns. and of Hayden Peak

Wife and I had previously went by the cabin, but didn't stay long as there were other folks there. Today we get to walk around and spend some time.

Here's a couple interesting photo's in and around the cabin

After visiting the cabin, we again decide to take separate ways back to camp. Rocky and heduke go back the way we came, wife, daughter and I

take a different route.

Day before, wife and I rode on the road in the upper left, S200. We had to open and close a gate and saw S240 road which runs right beside

S200, didn't have any gates to ride through. So, though we decided to skip the gates and ride S240. We now know why S240 isn't as wore down

as S200, steeper and rockier. Alot!

Here's a closer view of the girls negotiating the steep rocky decent

Well, we made it back to camp safe and sound, had a little dinner, and enjoyed the rest of the night chatting with Rocky around the campfire

Had a great time with Rocky, heduke, my wife and daughter. The End

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

HAAAAAA!

Even Georgie got soaked! She didn't waste any time bailing off.....

No wonder she always wants to ride with you!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Looks like a great trip, I'm jealous again
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

As always, a great ride report of a fun trip. I liked the stills and the video of your wife riding through the puddle. I got a good laugh from that. I also liked the history and the views. I"m glad you like to get out and enjoy the great outdoors, and you're willing to share with us. Thanks! PS, it looks like your wife has claimed the 4 wheeler with the installation of that tank bag!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Snow sure is beautiful when it's on that OTHER mountain over there and not the mountain you're riding, isn't it?

It looks like y'all had a great trip, thanks for sharing all the pics and video.

After seeing this you've got me thinking that a quad bike might be just the ticket to get my wife back out riding with me, there was something about having to shift gears and falling over on the TW that made her lose interest.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

B-dub, hard to miss the pink tank bags isn't it. Her tank bags are actually horn bags for when we go riding the mules. Pink stands out fairly prominently on a mule as much as it does on an ATV. She has pink saddle bags too. Hummmmm, wonder what her favorite color is!

DonBenito, my wife riding the ATV has made it possible for her to go most of the places I do. Like you mentioned, my wife couldn't get over the shifting issue and wasn't really interested in trying too. ATV. . .next best option!

P.S. The snow hasn't completely gone. We rode through (or next too) some small patches here and there. Worst thing about the snow, it made mud. Best thing about the snow, made for a pretty picture. . .over on that other mountain!

r80rt, no need to be jealous, I've seen where you ride! Great area's to ride all around. Sad thing is, we'll not get to see most of it in person. That's why we must rely on others posting ride reports

Rocky, Georgie knows when to make a quick exit. . .most of the time

Say what you will, I'm still jealous! One of these days.....

Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Hi Admiral,

It appears that Georgie temporarily abandoned you for the first class comfort of the ATV? After the shower, I wonder if she regrets her decision?

The owners of the cabin let others use it when they are not using it? – that is wonderful. It looks like it would be a great place to vist. I also like the history information on the wall. Great.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It looks like it was a wonderful time, and even more so because you got to spend it with friends and family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links