Painters Bluff & Blowing Cave
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rode a 159 mile round trip of gravel road goodness, just to find this bluff and visit a cave. A great way to waste a Saturday.

Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

surely I'm not the only one to contest the term 'waste' here?
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Wow! 159 miles of gravel roads will never be considered a waste in my book, especially with views like that. Beautiful! I like your area of the country and your interest in history and will take all of those pictures I can get! By the way, what river is that? While the trees are still bare, it looks like it's greening up nicely! Thanks for sharing your ride with us.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That's the White river near Cushman, the last steamboat went up it in 1908 according to a concrete marker I saw.

I stopped by the Blowing cave on the way home. It was featured in several pulp science magazines in the 40's, 50's and 60's as the entrance to "TEROS" the under world, and home of "The Shaver Mystery". Complete with giant blue beings, ray guns, and flying saucers. Sadly I didn't have a flash light so I didn't see any of that, but I'm sure they had their heat rays trained on me the whole time.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...-blowing-cave/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver

Ah, you have so much goodness to share. Is the cave still on private property? Looks very interesting and has quite a past. I would never have thought about holding a party or dance in a cave. One has to just love the overlooks views from the bluffs. This one is no different. I'll agree with the others, no wasted mileage or time spent by you on this ride. Thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Admiral, I don't know if the cave is on private property or not, It seems to be treated as public. The road to get there is a little rough, it's usually visited by 4x4's and ATV's and the occasional TW

what a waste... it sounds like we were separated by only 2000 miles and a whole day wasted on the TW!

beautiful country, i feel so sorry for you.

ride on!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I've only been to Arkansas once...but I'd sure like to go back!

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

cool cave. you go very far into it?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links