longest trip you have done?
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: longest trip you have done?

Hi every one, I have just recently picked up a 1990 tw 200 with 3100 miles on it I am calling it the teal wonder! I am stoked to ditch my truck and drive the bike every where,

As for adventure trips what, is longest distance people have been doing with the TW. I have friends who have doubts of where and how long of a distance it can go. with out blowing up. he has a BMW Dakar with more power so trying to settle a bit of a argument.

Canada to South America ? can it happen

Thanks

Rory
    two wheels for life!

I did an one hundred mile off-road ride (actually it was a dual sport, but more off than on-road) last year. It took us one day. The bike never missed a beat. I know 100 miles is a drop in the bucket compared to a Canada so S. America run but it could do it. The TW works. Its a good bike. Know its limits and exploit them.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Theb wife and I did one trip of just under 2,000 miles. Furhest we've ridden them so far.

Ronnydog and I did Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000's on them. 1,000 miles have to be completed in under 24 hours. We did it at W.O.T in 100 degree heat. They never missed a beat.

I'd leave to go around the world on it tomrrow. About the only concern I'd have would be the slim availability of rear tires in some of the more remote parts of the planet.

joeband likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Longest day ride I've done on a TW is 255 miles, I'm going on a 500 mile ride next month. I'd ride one anywhere, the TW can do it if you can.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

My friend Darryll and I rode to Georgetown, CA and back in two days. With a lot of side trips and exploring the total mileage was right at 450.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

just the other day i did nearly 180 miles.... i know of 7 others with similar mileage for the day.

i've driven south america to san diego.... the tw could have handled it all with aplomb!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

San Diego to San Francisco many times. (when I was much younger)

570 miles one way, one day.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

2200 miles in 12days. I'd take it anywhere without hesitation
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Not mine, but here is a trip report on a 6000 mile Utah to Alaska adventure on a TW:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255995

A friend and i did a 1600 miles trip in 5 days. We road grom indiana to the red river gorge in WV then to the blue ridge pkwy down to deals gaps then home. Oh i road it on interstate 75 from Knoxville TN to Franklin IN. 335miles of I-75. I ran a 15/47 sprocket ratio for that trip since it was mostly pavement. My buddy was on a klr and when we got on the interstate he stayed back a little ways. He thought for sure he would see a poof of black smoke and a dead TW. He was impressed that it could run 64-70mph for that long and not scatter.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links