Bonehead Enduro
Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bonehead Enduro

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I've been told about an epic ride that occurs every year during the spring in the wonderful Pacific Northwest called the "Bonehead Enduro". It's put on by the VME and the PNWMom, described by someone on Adventure Rider as "This is an old bike and/or old bike rider event. Bike should be street legal-ish." This is one of VME's 'hush-hush about the date' events, but I am told that this year it is Sunday, May 5, 2013. I am planning to ride my TW. I am hoping with the crowd on this forum, that this event would prove interesting at the least, and enticing enough to make for some. I hope to see you.

The details as I know 'em:

What: Bonehead Enduro

Where: Snoqualmie, WA, Hwy 202 in town across from the train station. Map

When: Sunday, May 5, 2013 registration @ 7:30am, $20

Who: Everyone is welcome, with an emphasis on vintage enduros and vintage riders
    Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 04-13-2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: removed bad links
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Dang it, won't be able to go! Looks like fun. I expect a full ride report when you're done. Have fun!

P. S. Thanks for the heads up. I'm always looking for new rides!
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

this will be quite unfair.. the TW will dominate this for sure! =P

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I expect a full ride report when you're done. Have fun!

The 2013 Bonehead Enduro was an amazing event! A scavenger hunt on motorcycles where the winner is the oldest rider with the most collected hidden “bones” (17 regular and 2 bonus bones this year for a total of 19), is just a good time by all who participate. It was like a mid-summer day in the Pacific Northwest, with sunshine in abundance and temperatures reaching the eighties by the afternoon. Registration, pre-ride meeting, and the start/end point was downtown Snoqualmie, WA. 62 “official” riders were off at 9am toward the forest. First, we cruised through town sneaking out the back door on asphalt with the river to our right. In just a few miles we found our first “bone”, a business card sized paper with a bone and a registration number printed on it. You find yours in the stack, take a peek at the clue to the next find (with mileage and hints on its location), then you’re off to find it! What a sight, I’m sure, to see these boneheads on their 70’s enduros, 70cc trail bikes, spree scooters, full size road bikes, and even this mo fo on a mountain bike with a 2 stroke weedeater engine! Mostly an easy trek on gravel fire roads, you had to sneak onto some trails, splash through the mud, and twice ride to the snowline to obtain your treasure. After 60 miles or so roundtrip, you feel proud and accomplished to have been a part of it. You meet other riders, help each other out, and admire each other and each other's steel steeds. If that wasn’t enough, chili and cake was provided at the award ceremony! I would encourage anyone to give this ride a try or start something similar in your area. Happy riding!

See the location of the group picture on the bridge: http://maps.google.c...21.581063866615

See my album with more bikes and ride pics here.

...and watch a video that my buddy Kevin made:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxLrsm61-vc&feature=share&list=LLNtrW5hHKe6rxkx28aTRAbQ[/media]
    Pass Man and TWilight like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Just saw the note the other day and couldn't make this one. Will be there for the next one. If any of you folks come over this way on the peninsula or rock candy send me a note or give a call. 360 249 3539

that looks like it was a lot of fun. congrats to the organizers for such a successful first time event.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Man, that looks like a lot of fun! Heck, it was fun just seeing all the different bikes. I even saw an early 70's XL250 like I used to own. Great report. Thanks for spreading the fun around.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Quote Originally Posted by joe band View Post
    that looks like it was a lot of fun. congrats to the organizers for such a successful first time event.

jb, first time for me. This was the 20th Annual Bonehead Enduro.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

That was "AMAZING" Thanks for posting it...... I think I'd try it on someone else bike though.I loved the first vid with the bearded guy on the yellow bike.. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Just saw the note the other day and couldn't make this one. Will be there for the next one. If any of you folks come over this way on the peninsula or rock candy send me a note or give a call. 360 249 3539

It would be great to meet you at Rock Candy one day! I've only been there once for a short time. I don't know it very well at all, but it looks like fun to explore.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links