Crown King
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crown King

Tim asked if I wanted to do a moderate ride (75 miles pretty easy and we'd have lunch half way). I said sure, I hadn't ridden in over a year and firgured it'd be fun. Well, that 75 became 115. On fumes, jagged rock wash for 20/25 miles and getting back at sunset ended a Sunday with a smile from ear to ear.

The ride was a blast. The trails were more slippery than ice with my tires at 40psi, and still real slippery at 9psi. I had several saves and the lunch was great, company was classic and I couldn't sit down for about 5 days.

But nothing beats a fun day on the TDub. I do however know that progressive springs on the front and a stiffer blaster spring on the rear are high on the priority for my rear. The bike ran great and the weather, lunch and day were near perfect.

GOOD TIMES !!

Just for the effect

The lookout tower. It gave a beautiful view 40ft. up and swayed pretty good with high winds.

Looking east towards the I-17

The little beast held her own just fine against the WR 250 and the Can Am 550.

Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Nice pics with some great views! Sounds like you had a very enjoyable ride. Does Crown King refer to a the lookout tower, mountain, mine, or ? Thanks for taking us along.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

You look like one "HAPPY" dub rider.............. (o; Great photos.. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

brock,

your bike looks better with a little bit of trail make up.... it was too darn clean! nice ride
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks Joe. The ride was a blast. But I will offer my 99 cents and say that seat is not good for 115 miles on off road after a year of NOT riding at all...I hurt for 4 days.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Thanks Joe. The ride was a blast. But I will offer my 99 cents and say that seat is not good for 115 miles on off road after a year of NOT riding at all...I hurt for 4 days.

brock...... i think that's called "age"

i was surprised the sheet iron 150, didn't wear me out more.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    I hurt that long just getting out of bed................... OMM.

Gerat pic's and it must have been a great ride too. That TDub looks ready for any challenge.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

I think my TDub would work PERFECT for someone 165-175. The springs are a bit soft as hard as I was hitting the triples.

Hidden Content

Dang! I wanted to do Crown King from Pleasant Lake when I was down there in February, but when it snowed 1" in Apache Jct., I decided it might be a little too early!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links