Just a quick trip to the store...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    According to the great and all knowing Google the convenient store is 0.4 miles from my house. I think Google is lying, here's my trip to the store today:

Wait this road ends, that's Turner's Creek not the store

Hmmm, this doesn't look like the way to the store. Better make sure though

Weeeee! Splash!

Maybe if I get back on the main road.

Is it on the other side of the fence?

Well that's not the store either, it's the Atlantic!

Well might as well stay for a bit, let the mighty TDub and myself cool off

Ok, back to finding that darn store, nope not it

No, but this is the campground on Tybee that people could come camp at and ride their TWs around, HINT HINT

Maybe I should stop and ask a local on the side of the road

Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

I think that bird lied to me, this isn't right either

Hey, I know this road is it at the end of it? Nope, but that sure is some deep and fun sand!

Oh, wait this is the wrong island! Lets try the next one. Nope that's the fort.

Well I give up, it's been over 42 miles and 3 hours and I don't see that store anyway. Someone's going to get a nasty letter!

Ohh, look the store! Wait, what did I need to get again?

Screw it, time to get a cold one and head to the pool. After all, that way I'll need to "go to the store" again tomorrow!
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Ahhh, better. Not a bad day off at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good one!

You'll have to keep us informed of your search for that pesky store. I suggest that you widen your search area, it's got to be somewhere.

If you just follow the coastline thru some more sand, sea and sangria you might find a store worthy of google

You may need a GPS....although your route looked just fine!!

Mel
    Sounds to me like that is the only road to the store. You just have to go farther next time.

Mel

Excellent ride, I think I can find that store form here!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

eli
    I'm not far from Savannah, how many miles of road/off-road/sand might one be able to explore on the way to the store?

On the record or off the record?

I really need to get a GoPro like I've been wanting for a long time. The landscape and the history is unique and more enjoyable on a bike, and that includes the low country across the river in South Carolina. It's hard to explain to those who haven't seen it. It is similar to the Glades, but a bit different and more diverse.

There are a couple of places to ride off road but they are mostly small, that's what makes the TW perfect because you can then get on the road and ride to the next one and the next one after that. If you had a dirt bike and a trailer it wouldn't be worth it. Once you get to the other side of Savannah or cross up into South Carolina it can become rural pretty quick and there are some larger places to ride there.

Road wise it is good, twists and turns with straightaways and some great views with occasional slight elevation changes. I jokingly refer to my island as the Isle of Man Lite. There is a 10 mile loop I ride daily that goes from straight and level to banked S curve to two 90 degree turns back to back and continues like that with twisties for a while. Just going the speed limit +/-10 MPH in your lane is really technical with a good bit of shifting. If they closed the road and did a real TT here you better be darn good with a great machine or an honest death-wish because there's just not much room for error. Heading into Savannah you get to ride around the squares and the river. The Live Oaks and Spanish Moss and fountains make it a unique view and worth seeing. It isn't the best in the world or anything like that, but it certainly isn't the worse. It basically like a sampler plate of riding, a little taste of everything except mountains and snow all within even the TW's tiny gas tank range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links