8th Street to Boise Ridge Rd. (video)
Close

8th Street to Boise Ridge Rd. (video)

Just a video of a recent Ride up above Boise. Started at 8th Street took a small section of Motorcycle Trail #4 to Boise Ridge Road. I rode more of trail #4 not in the video, there were way to many whoops. I'm sure I set a new top speed record for a TW I hit 162mph.........Funny though I don't remember going that fast. I'm sure GPS does not lie.

Last edited by sscooter; 07-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Nice video! I get to Boise occasionally for work, I am going to have to bring the TW one of these times!

Man, that sure does look like fun. You guys are so lucky to have trails like that right out of town. I'm sure glad you were able to hang on during that 162 mph burst. Thanks for taking the time to post up your video. I enjoyed watching it.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I enjoyed the video. I can only watch now.

On May 15, 2013 my friend Larry and I rode up Rocky Canyon to the Ridge Road and then on to the Crooked Summit trail, down through Clear Creek, on to Centerville and Placerville; Then up to Harris Creek Summit to the Ridge road and back by Bogus Basin to Boise. A total of 70 miles. I had planned this to be my last ride for a while.

We had just gotten back from B-Dubs country having rode in the St. George area and then on to Moab. That was a great Adventure.

On May 17,2013 I had a long planned surgery to replace the ball joint in my right shoulder. The surgery seemed to go well; the recuperation is about 4 months. I am 7 weeks into physical therapy and I feel it is going well. I should be back on my TW the first part of Sept. There are adventures to be had.

Right now, I am not feeling to bummed cause yesterday it was 109 degrees here; now that is hotter that two rats screwing in a wool sock. Sure feels good to recuperate in my nice air-conditioned home and shop.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Nice video! I get to Boise occasionally for work, I am going to have to bring the TW one of these times!
    I almost always travel with the TDub. I've even convinced clients that it was cheaper to ship the bike than for me to rent a car. Now I just have to find a client in Boise because that looks like fun.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Looked like you also had some good drop offs if you went off the trail! Those are the things that increase the pucker for me... A daughter lives in Boise... I might just have to pick up a TW to ride when I visit her.
    2007 TW "Muley": Cyclerack rear, 55 tooth rear sprocket, Duro Power Grip & Shinko SR241, Clarke tank, Ricochet bash plate, Mule hitch pin quick seat removal, Trail Tech Vapor w/ Dashboard, hardwired Garmin 60csx & 205w, 12vdc adaptor, independent high beam off/on and signal beeper, modified seat.

2000 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom - [sold]

2009 Yamaha WR250R - "Willie Boy" the slimmer faster brother of my Muley.

2009 Hidden Content . Wow, what fun on the highway!

Quote Originally Posted by sscooter View Post

there were way to many whoops.
    "Whoops"...You got that right! Still a fun ride though. Rode the trail up with RoninBoise and Mekdad a year or two ago and remember the whoops fairly well. When I rode the trail, I was using stock gearing. Now that I've also got a 55T rear sprocket, I'd like to try it again. Since Ron is down with shoulder surgery recovery, I hope I can get a ride in after work with one of my son's. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, they cleared/repaired the logging road from the trail head off hwy 55 up to Zimmer Pass. Not as fun now that it looks and rides like a normal logging road. Safe through!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by sscooter View Post
    Just a video of a recent Ride up above Boise. Started at 8th Street took a small section of Motorcycle Trail #4 to Boise Ridge Road. I rode more of trail #4 not in the video, there were way to many whoops. I'm sure I set a new top speed record for a TW I hit 162mph.........Funny though I don't remember going that fast. I'm sure GPS does not lie.

]
    Thanks for the ride! Wish I was there

Sponosred Links