BC to BC (The West Coast Ride)
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: BC to BC (The West Coast Ride)

BC to BC (The Pacific Coast Ride)

so in 1996, young, dumb and full of square calves, a buddy and i rode our bicycles from british columbia, canada to baja california, mexico, just under 2000 miles that we covered in 7 weeks, 6 on the saddle.

fast forward a few years: 2012 my dad and i were on the coast in big sur, california and came up with the idea of riding the west coast (on slightly different bikes). so now with summer here, my wife and kids out of the country, must be time to ride!

the plan come sunday 7/14/: we're trailering the bikes up to seattle, have my uncle drop us off (and he'll drive back to san diego to see my cousins) catch the ferry to vancouver island, canada and then head south.

we're planning two weeks, arriving tan and happy in san diego right around the end of the month. i won't have a laptop or internet but stay tuned for pics.

rubber side down,
    ride on!

joe band
    Last edited by joeband; 07-09-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    JKWheelin and TW-Brian like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That's what I'm talkin about!

If it turns out that you need anything before or en route, hit us up.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 07-08-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Way to go Joe! A Father, Son ride just sounds like a great thing to be doing. This JoeBand ride report should be one of a kind. Have fun and you know where we all are if you need anything.

Joe

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

WOW! Looking forward to this ride report! Even though I try and ride my bike several times a week and have participated in several charity century rides, I have never taken the leap to adventure cycling. Keep us updated on your progress.

That sounds like a great adventure to me, you guys will have a blast. Take lots of pictures.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

thanks all!
    i suppose riding with lizrdbrth and ronnydog this would be a two day ride....
    but we're going slow... we figure 200 miles would be a big day, but closer to 150.... three hours of riding and plenty of time to explore, read, set up camp and relax.

my dad has a kx250 super sherpa, but i'll still take pics of his bike.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    thanks all!
    i suppose riding with lizrdbrth and ronnydog this would be a two day ride....
    but we're going slow... we figure 200 miles would be a big day, but closer to 150.... three hours of riding and plenty of time to explore, read, set up camp and relax.

my dad has a kx250 super sherpa, but i'll still take pics of his bike.
    Heck no. 150 a day in vacation mode trumps 1000 in Iron Butt mode anytime. We envy you.

I hereby authorize you to hang out on Ronny's couch, eat all his chow and drink all his root beer at the end.

When do you think you will be in the Half Moon Bay to SCruz stretch of Hwy 1? You just might have a little company for a few miles.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Too Cool Joe!
    I made that ride from San Diego to Seattle back in the early 70s along Highway 1. Such a nice and scenic drive, can be very slow through the beach towns in So Cal though. Please Please Please take lots of pictures for us, should bring back some memories for me for sure! I love your adventursome spirit! Go For It!!

Mel
    Joe, you will have to hit San Luis Obispo, Ca. on that ride. If there is anything I can be of help with, feel free to get in touch with me. Mechanical, housing, maybe a BBQ on an overnight stay, local sites, name it.
    Mel

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links