To the Edge
Close

Thread: To the Edge

To the Edge

I rode to the coast (Hwy 1) yesterday and went right to the edge.

In the white sand, next to the wet sand, you can see two impacts. Hopefully the resolution on YouTube will be good enough. You might have to use full screen.

It is a long ways down!!!

Last edited by elime; 07-31-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

That looks like a nice place to ride, but you'd have to be careful not to get distracted by the beautiful views of the ocean and end up in it! That would be quite a ride if you ran off the road! Thanks, Tony. I always enjoy your videos.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

I can't view video until I get home, but you've got me intrigued
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The video gave me the willies...but, I get dizzy looking off a curb!

Did you grab that bicycle wheel and strap it to the back of ur tdub?
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

It done took that there rock 40 million years to climb that hill. An you go an chuck 'em back down. The ancient spirt "Falling Rock" will be looking for you! Maybe you seen
    the signs warning about him (or her?). Down here we have a spot with a steep cliff with nekkid people below. Every so often you'll read about how some guy fell
    down the cliff.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Did you grab that bicycle wheel and strap it to the back of ur tdub?
    No, but if you want it I can show you where it is! Or maybe next time I will toss it over the cliff.........that would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by arbolmano View Post
    It done took that there rock 40 million years to climb that hill. An you go an chuck 'em back down. The ancient spirt "Falling Rock" will be looking for you! Maybe you seen
    the signs warning about him (or her?). Down here we have a spot with a steep cliff with nekkid people below. Every so often you'll read about how some guy fell
    down the cliff.
    I had a similar thought as I chucked the rock over the side. Chances are the next decent earthquake and that entire point is going to break off. It was very loose earth. A friend suggested I should have tossed it as the pelicans flew by -- now that would really pissed off the wildlife gawds!

Funny story about people looking at nekkid people -- the only rule you have to obey when around cliffs is DON'T FALL OFF. Nothing else really matters.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Man, that has pretty views up there! Give me a chair and I could sit up there soaking in the sun, listening to the waves crash against the shore and pondering life! This forum is so cool in that we get to see, without being there, other parts of the world we can't get to easily. Thanks for sharing!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links