2 Brothers. We're heading south!
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2 Brothers. We're heading south!

2 Brothers. We're heading south!

As September will soon be upon us, my brother and I will be touring south this year for our annual trip. As we don't quite have a long enough 'pass' to go as far as we did last year, we are setting are sights on Tennessee.
    The plan: same as last trip. Leave outta northern Ohio. Ride, camp, eat, sleep, repeat. Going no further than to 'touch a wheel' into Georgia. Find some fun 'roads less travelled' along the way.
    The goals: add more states to my talley, which will help catch me up to his (I've got Hawaii, thanks Uncle Sam), gravel/FS roads, Tellico Outfitters, not pay for camping, go over the mountain not around it, do a river crossing, stay out of the mud (street tires), get photos of the wildlife and terrain, go though an abandoned RR tunnel. Finally, enjoy having no schedule!
    The dates: September 9-18th?

Post trip: knowing most of you like a good RR, post up as much of the experience as I can.

TINMAN TIM
    lizrdbrth, r80rt and MCC1776 like this.

Those are great goals for your trip! It's going to be great! Have fun, and yes we'll be looking forward to the report and pics.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

waiting for the countdown to begin!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've got a couple of 'feelers' out as far as "you need to check out this trail" type stuff. But other than that, I've been doing a lot of google earth searches. Needless to say, I'm stoked. Its been since last September since we've been on a proper roadtrip. I've got a bunch of things to get accomplished before we depart, but, luckily the bike isn't one of them.
    less than a month to go before departure! TIM

Always interesting what you and your bro will be up to next. Still dazzled with your CT90 exploits.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I truely wish we could continue our adventures on the CT90's. But at a certain point, we realised we needed 'more'. The lil Honda's were more than over their design limits, to say the least. I am still amazed I got to cross the Mississippi river on two separate occasions, while riding the little 'mule'.
    recently I jumped on it to make a quick trip to the store. OMG! How did I not kill myself riding it? Its not terrible considering its a 42yr old machine, and it started on the second kick after setting for nearly a year, but the TW has spoiled me.
    I wish to thank everyone, who's posted their ideas, advice, 'mod' pictures, and well wishes. Like most, its inspired me to make the upgrades to my bike, as well as design the racks I sell.
    as our departure date draws nearer, I will post pics of the bike&gear in the hopes it will inspire others. Till then, the clock continues to tick..... RIDE SAFE, TIM

Gazetteers showed up in the mail today! Route planning will be in full gear for the next week or so. And still the clock ticks.....TIM

Tick Toc Tick Toc. I'll be looking forward to your adventure report!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

image.jpgWith just over two weeks till departure, thought i'd ensure i had all my bases covered. Short of clothes and food, i loaded up the bike with all my gear. One saddle bag is still empty, and the top box is about 50% full.
    As i said, clothes and food are still left to go in, as well as some maps and personal items. My packing tends to be a battle of weight vs comfort. But i also like to only take things that i can use for more than one use. I.E., campstool doubles as wind break for cook stove. The lid of the top box can be used as a lapdesk for route planning and a wash basin for dishes. Extra riding gloves and balakava become pillow at bedtime. And so on.
    Put it in the backyard and took some pictures of the set-up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tinman tim; 08-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

More pics
    Attachment 772
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tinman tim; 08-23-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    r80rt likes this.
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links