Non-heroic 1st GoPro video
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Non-heroic 1st GoPro video

Non-heroic 1st GoPro video

"How many great moments are missed when you keep your camera in your pocket?"

This was the argument made by curious parties close to my heart who have since conspired to provide me with a GoPro so that I'm forced to document and share my mediocre riding skills.

Nothing on this first ride with the GoPro came out looking especially impressive, so I decided to go the low comedy route and share this clip of me demonstrating my practiced double-roll getoff technique.

I'm not sure if my favorite part is my quizzical "huh?" after the dump or when fate added injury to insult as my riding buddy noticed the nail sticking out of my tire moments later. The good news is the RideOn seemed to work as advertised!

Oh well, this is reality TW TV, at least as I live it! I've got to learn to edit this stuff better, and quick!

2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Thank you for sharing ! You know how everyone loves those videos here on the forum!!

That was a pretty good fall you took onto what looked to be on some fairly hard rocks. It also looked like a steep/rough section of trail -- just a suggestion but you might want to try a 55 tooth rear sprocket if you haven't already.

GoPro's sure makes nice videos. The quality of the picture on my screen was superb. I look forward to your next video, and the ones after that. Keep 'em coming!!!!
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice video and even a better tumble! that was some rocky stuff you were climbing over for sure.

I bet your GoPro sponsors found that their investment was worth the money after seeing just your first video. Since you are OK, I suggest that we officially name this move the "DonBenito Helicopter Dismount".

Did you break anything?

Do you handlebars or handguard clamps hit your tank at full turn?

Glad you are OK. Thanks for sharing.

first off, glad your ok. Secondly, I just want to let you know that your now working in the R&D dept for testing the strength of the Tinman Racks! Keep the videos coming! TIM

Side note: this is a non-paid position

Thanks to all for the kind words and concern for my safety! Fortunately, in a compression jacket little low-speed spills like the one above are as painless as they are common for me!

Quote Originally Posted by old white truck View Post
    I bet your GoPro sponsors found that their investment was worth the money after seeing just your first video. Since you are OK, I suggest that we officially name this move the "DonBenito Helicopter Dismount".

Did you break anything?

Do you handlebars or handguard clamps hit your tank at full turn?

Glad you are OK. Thanks for sharing.
    Wow! my very own namesake dismount technique! I got lots of practice doing the whole "tuck and roll" routine in my younger days of mountain and freestyle BMX riding, so hitting the dirt is nothing new to me. I wasn't very good at either of those either ! On the MC I tend to roll a little more enthusiastically, as a Yamaha is bound to leave a bigger bruise than a Haro if it lands on you!

My TW is armored up pretty well at this point, so minor drops don't really seem to do any damage. Even the Actionpacker was A-OK. Not too shabby for a $25 topcase!

The bar clamps of the upper fork brace sorta nudge the tank at full lock, but since it's plastic it just kinda bends out of the way and then back. No noticeable wear yet. My tank is scarred though from when I endo'd down the trail at Charouleau gap (a few months back) and my bars got knocked around and bent a little, the handguard clamps nailed the tank on both sides and left divots.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman tim View Post
    first off, glad your ok. Secondly, I just want to let you know that your now working in the R&D dept for testing the strength of the Tinman Racks! Keep the videos coming! TIM
    The racks, pannier-less for the moment, have held up great through a few dumps now. That crossbar of yours easily trumps the nylon strap of your competitor's when it comes to rigidity and strength!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman tim View Post
    Side note: this is a non-paid position
    Boooo!
    old white truck likes this.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Wow, that's some gnarly terrain you were riding! Glad that you and the bike are OK. The video looked great - I'm looking forward to many more!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Glad to see your not afraid to drop your TW. I bet those roads/trails are a lot harder to ride with all those big rocks and suff than what a photo or video can show. However, your new video shows it better than a still shot. Glad you're ok after the "DonBenito Helicopter Dismount". I too have tendencies to dismount in a similar fashion as you from time to time, and will be better protected my next time with the new protective vest I got. Can't wait to try it out...sort of. Glad you had some protection and a helper should you need it!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links