B-29 trail and crash site near wsailla alaska on a T-Dub
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: B-29 trail and crash site near wsailla alaska on a T-Dub

B-29 trail and crash site near wsailla alaska on a T-Dub

A quick afternoon trip up the hill to the crash site of a b29 superfortress, one of a handful of vintage military crashes in the valley.
    Scutler likes this.

So many great adventures Tiny-Wheel-200! really enjoy your videos.

I should make a little video going to an abandoned goldmine here on the island.

What was the story with that abandoned SUV? kind of eerie.

If youre rig is left unattended on the trail in the valley, theres a good chance it will be burned out or the windows broken when you return. Good times. That stock suv really didn't belong on that trail, and when it failed mechanically and was left there, its fate was more or less sealed.
    DaveF likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the enjoyable video. Beautiful scenery and interesting subject matter. Looks like they clipped the top of the ridge? Respect and gratitude for those who gave their lives protecting our freedom.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

looked like a nice ride. thanks for sharing. what kinda pole set up is that? i would like to know a little more about it i like how its recording the bike movement

wow, just seeing your 4m video make me realize why there are oscars for directing, editing, soundtrack and cinematography! all the different camera angles, cuts, splices etc....
    i'd love to see the "behind the scenes" cuts of you looking like a goof-ball re-riding back and forth dropping your camera, riding past it and then picking it up, all up and down the valley!

i'm amazed by how spring like it looks in late july, but i guess when your seasons are compressed into 3 months of spring/summer and 9 months of winter, appearances can be deceiving.

how long is your boom? (i've never asked a guy that before!) in some shots it looks really long, but the ease with which you walk and trade hands with it makes me think it is camera angle that makes it look longer. the ron jeremy effect?

thanks for you effort sharing the video with us, it's really nice to get to see other parts of the world and people enjoying their t-dubs. lights a bit of more spark under me to finish my ride report.

finally a tribute to the airmen who gave the ultimate sacrifice.............. thank you
    Scutler likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

glad you liked it . the boom is telescopic and can be 18-54 inches long. I think the plaque was put there by one of the offroad clubs. I don't have much o a blooper reel but Iff I get enough to put a film together ill post it.

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    finally a tribute to the airmen who gave the ultimate sacrifice.............. thank you
    Boy, it sure looks like from that video if they had been 50 feet higher they would have cleared that ridge! No telling what lies beyond in the direction of flight, though. Things sure happen fast at 250 knots when you can't see 100 feet!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Thanks for sharing another informative and enjoyable video. Got to get out while you can up there I suppose...before snow sets back in. I come across those types of crashes from time to time, very humbling.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

nice work there Tiny. Made up my mind to get a GoPro.

no pressure JoeBand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links