600 miles on the TW200; Ride Report
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 600 miles on the TW200; Ride Report

600 miles on the TW200; Ride Report

Got the bike packed up last night and everything seemed to fit nicely. Still enough room for me to sit anyway. In about an hour I'm taking off to Duluth for the Aerostich rally. I've extended the trip significantly so I'll get two days (each direction) of mixed on/off road riding (600 miles total), camping along the way. The plan is to travel east from Excelsior, MN to Wisconsin and ride along the old St. Croix River Road and the Gandy Dancer snowmobile trail to Holyoke. From there I'll head east and catch part of the TransWisconsinTrail before heading up to Duluth. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them!
    lizrdbrth, Dubzha and r80rt like this.

Cool, sounds like a great ride! I'm looking forward to the report. Have fun!
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Please keep us in the loop on how well the bike performs. I too and very interested in how far I can stretch out a TW200 which I just purchased. New to the forum but already enjoying alot of the topics. Look forward to seeing photos and performance details of the T-Dub. Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a nice ride report up to Dulood coming our way. Then you'll have to to another ride report up to Grand Marais along the north shore! Just a suggestion Don't tcha know! Heck, you might as well ride up the Gunflint while your at it eh!

But I'll settle for the Dulood ride for now. Good luck and be safe.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

You'll be in my old stomping grounds. Be careful of bears, seal your food/up tight and hang it up, my dad keeps telling me how desperate and brave they're getting because of the wolf population explosion thinning out their food sources.
    1987 TW200
    Cycleracks Rear Rack, Tinman Tim's Side Racks [THANKS!], Action Packer Rear Trunk, Texsport waterproof luggage, 20w LED Spot Beam headlight, LED Bulbs for Rear Brake Light and Dash/Speedo, 12v marine auxiliary port, Coleman Seat Pad, Alloy Boltz kit.

"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." -A. Lincoln

Hidden Content

I live in west central MN and rode the TW 250 miles one way and enjoyed every mile of it on back roads and small towns along the way. The little TW gave me 80-85 mpg going 50-55 mph. Touring on a TW? you bet. No road is imposable on a TW unless a bridge is out over a river. I stayed overnight near Bowstring, MN (north of Grand Rapids) and returned home the next day. One guy at a gas station said " nice bike, is that a Yamaha?" I said yes, he gave me sign of approval. I have a FJR1300 and tour on the TW there is something wrong with me. But it is fun.

50short,

I live in Shoreview. I'm looking forward to your report. Sounds like some wonderful riding. I've been on some of those roads. Can't wait to see your route.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

Very brief update. I won't post the ride report 'til I get home. Too hard to write on the phone.

Well, I can honestly say that Thursday was the best day of motorcycling I've ever had. I ended up logging 270 miles, with about 70 miles offroad. 30 of them were muddy, wet and fun as hell. TW is the perfect machine for minimalist adventure touring. I've owned several KLRs and a BMW GS (don't get me wrong, i love these bikes too) and wouldn't consider taking either of them on a trip like this. Might not even be possible as the trails were so narrow and rough. More to come, along with a shitload of pictures....hold tight. Probably start writing the report on Sunday night.

600 miles? The only thing I need to know is what seat you are using. I will buy one sight unseen.

Ha Ha. Wish I could say I found a way to make the seat comfortable. I've got the stock seat with a Stearns Gel Pad. I thought it was okay. Doesn't matter what machine I'm touring on, my butt generally hurts after the first couple hours and then starts to acclimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    600 miles? The only thing I need to know is what seat you are using. I will buy one sight unseen.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links