More TW Therapy
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jbfla

Thread: More TW Therapy

More TW Therapy

MORE TW THERAPY

My shoulder is getting much better. It might even be a keeper. Last weekwas my final appointment with the surgical team that installed a new shoulderjoint on my right side. They put me through some maneuvers and concluded thatmy recuperation was ahead of schedule and proceeding well.
    I asked” Can I go to the hills with my TW200?” The PA said just startwith a little moderation. Now, anyone that knows me knows that moderation couldbe my middle name if it weren’t for the fact that balls to the wall hasbeen my usual approach to riding. I will turn 70 in October and even though I love speedy adventures, I may be able to enjoy them at a slightly lower speed.
    So, Monday, 8-26-13 I decided to head to the hills. We have had a bunch of forest fires here in Idaho and I was anxious to see the damage in the Pine Creek drainage. This area has a really neat road down through it. It was in this valley that a previous ride report a year ago was traversed.
    So off I went. Stopped a Quisno’s for a sandwich to go and up the hill I went. The first part of the ride was paved, up Bogus Basin Road. Made It up to the ski resort in short order and just kept on cruising for another 6 miles to Forest Road 366 in the North Fork of Pine Creek.. This is a well kept old logging road. I wanted to go down it to check out how far the fire had come up the mountain. All of the back country was clouded with smoke from fires all over the West.
    I stopped about 8 miles in to take off my jacket and eat some of my lunch. I had still not seen any sign of the fire and was feeling good. My shoulder was doing well so instead of turning around and going back out the way I came in; I decided to go out the bottom of Pine Creek to the Grimes Creek main road. Turns out the fire had been in the South fork and had not messed up this beautiful area. This was an easy ride. From there it is 4 miles down to the paved road to Idaho City(21). I then road the highway back home. It was a totalof 72 miles; I needed that.
    I had physical therapy this morning and of course my shoulder was a tiny bit sore. I knew that the therapist would work this out of me; I call these sessions, ”Twist and Shout”. Sure enough those muscles responded and now I know I am ready for more adventures.
    Happy Trails All
    Ron in Boise
    Last edited by Roninboise; 08-27-2013 at 01:00 PM.

hey ron,
    glad to see you're back in the saddle. enjoy your re-found freedom!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Great!
    It had to make you feel so good to get out again! TW's ARE wonderful therapy!
    God bless you Ron, keep up the good work and get out there as much as you can!

Mile's O Smile's

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Excellent, good to hear!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Good to hear your recovery is going well....You will have to change your user name to "Robo-Ron" with all of the metal you now have inserted.

Mel
    Good to hear about you recovery Ron. It seems at 70 or + the recovery time increases a great deal. Ask me how I know, I pulled my right hand out of my wrist, and it was certainly more than overnight to recover from that surgery.
    Mel

Glad to hear everything's going well Ron, and that you got out for an enjoyable ride. Glad to hear also that some or your favorite riding areas haven't burned up. I hope you can get out some more before the snow flies! Thanks for sharing your report. Twist and Shout - that's funny! Probably not so much if you're on the receiving end, though.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Ron,

Good for you...getting back in the saddle.

I'm only a few months behind you, age wise.

And I can sympathize with your pain. In May I tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder...for the second time.

Multiple shots of cortisone have me riding again...awaiting possible surgery.

Happy Trails!

jb
    Last edited by jbfla; 08-27-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Braden likes this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Double post.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Good for you Ron, glad you are up and going again.
    B-dub and I rode back in April.
    While on our ride I decided to check front tire pressure while riding.
    He told me I need to " Mosey " down the trail, see more and still live to tell about it.
    Great advice,

VDR
    Old As Dirt,

Living in Las Vegas and loving it.

Sponosred Links