Moving East on my TW. - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Moving East on my TW.

Awesome.
    Congratulations, you've done what 1000s dream of, and made it look easy.
    Where's that "green with envy" smiley.....
    Braden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC1776 View Post
    Great report, anything you wanted to bring but didn't have enough room for? You did such a big stretch without a ton of gear. Glad you made it home safe. Thanks for the great reading.
    I actually can't think of anything I was missing. I had spent a while preparing and making sure I would have all the tools I needed.

One thing I would have liked are those disposable paper funnels. I couldn't find a pack of them so I just bought a cheap plastic one from Walmart. I didn't really have anywhere to store it so it just sat on the outside but when I had to use it, it took forever to clean.

Other then that the wolfman duffle is pretty big and held all my stuff nicely. I could have opted for a smaller size even.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Sweet ride!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Having ridden across country through the prairie lands myself, I can feel your pain. Yet, I still reflect on the whole experience as a plus and suppose you do in some way. You'll discover that feeling later. However, I'm sure the tree's were a welcome sight! One good thing you did was take your time. May not have felt like it, but at least you didn't speed (ha ha) through all the pretty parts of the ride. Seems as though you were prepared as one can be without over doing it! Beautiful photo's, thanks for sharing.

Ride well done!
    Braden likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Great trip and ride report. That was myself Dubster and my brother-in -law (T-Bob) that the guy riding the Honda 650 met up with in Newfoundland. His name is actually Lance and he is from Middle Musquodobit here in Nova Scotia not far from where I live.
    It's amazing the thrashing these little machines will take day after day and keep on trucking.
    I only overtook one vehicle on our trip but I spanked a big heavy cruiser on a section of the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton.
    When I get the time I will post some pictures of our ride. Newfoundland is an amazing part of Canada.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

eli
    What an awesome ride! This is the type of ride that I dreamed of when I bought my TW. Great report, and nice job on the pics.

Your my Hero. You and another fellow that rode from Kanab, Ut to Segway Al. I want to do a long trip like that!

a great trip. our lives always wind and weave, spiral and intertwine, and i wish you well starting out again back where you started from.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

awesome story thanks for sharing !!!! gas stops ? mpg ? mph ? cant believe so many chain adjustments wierd. i have 7700 miles and on number 5 now.
    2006 tw200

Stopped roughly every 120km for gas. So quite a few. Maybe 4-5 a day.

I should have kept track of how much gas I used but I didn't. I know it ran me about $25 per day.

Average speed I'd say was 85km/h. Could have gone a bit faster but I didn't want to strain the engine as I was doing this pace the while day.

And my chain was a stock non o-ring chain. The previous owner had let it rust out at some point. I cleaned it up well but of still wore out quickly.

I'm glad I have a new o-ring chain on there now.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links