TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd thru Fort Hunter Liggett

9K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  arbolmano 
#1 ·
My first road trip of any substance. The bike traveled on the $100 Harbor Freight hitch rack to our friends place at Lake Nacimiento, CA. The rack work well by the way. Was there for three days and one of the mornings I investigaed a route from the lake to the coast on Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd. through Fort Hunter Liggett. Jeez, I live in a beautiful place. The total ride was just over 100mi and the TW was a fantastic choice. I was alone and did not hesitate to stop or hang a u-turn and go back to check something out. My first time in that area and I can't wait to go back and explore some more. The TW returned 112mpg that day as part of my being solo and having nobody else to piss off included plenty of hypermiler tricks.

Phone photos do not do the scenery justice coupled with the fact that my photography skills need help but I've posted three just for fun.

See less See more
#2 ·
Jeez, I live in a beautiful place.

Thanks for the pictures and the reminder.

California certainly has it's problems and many urban areas are anything but beautiful, but everyone who lives in California is no more than an hour or so from vast areas of spectacular, unspoiled natural beauty. I too often take this for granted, so thanks again for reminding me.

Brian

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
I've been on that road by car. That entire King City area, west to Hunter Liggett and east to Clear Creek are really special.

Added after looking at a map: Correction, I haven't been on that road. I was on Jolon Rd. which isn't to far away but I just put the N/F road on my "roads to ride list." There are also some campgrounds in the area.....

#7 ·
Last March some pals wanted to meet up for a moto/hike/camp style trip, and I picked Nac/Ferg off the map by closing my eyes and sticking a finger on the map. Don't forget the ridge road that runs for miles north & south, dirt, fantastic views of the Pacific. We camped up Nacimiento Cr and had a blast. There's about 10 miles of very twisty turny 1 lane tarmac from the coast over the pass. You're not allowed off road in Hunter-Leggett -live fire at times. Great area!!

#8 ·
Wow Vagabond that finger of yours has great vision. Saw many dirt roads and wanted to explore but my time was limited. Would like to know more about the ridge road you mentioned. Many of the dirt roads had street marker and names but I was not certain if it was okay to be on them.

#11 ·
Off of the Naci/Fergy road on the Coastal end near Plaskett Creek lies the Coast Ridge Road which runs North and South. Designated 4WD road amazing.
After tourist season ends, quite fun to camp at Plaskett Creek and ride the Ridge road. Primitive camping along ridge road. One has to have a FS "adventure pass" and be street legal. As soon as work slows down, I'll head up and shoot some photos, unless someone more fortunate beats me to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.